Ask yourself this....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask yourself this....

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. No one else will know, so you wont be fooling anyone but yourself if you give anything but a truthful answer.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision.

Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please read slowly and thoughtfully, giving due consideration to each line.

Here's the situation:

You are in Florida; Miami to be specific. There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of biblical proportions. You are a photo journalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury. Suddenly you see a man floundering in the water. He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris. You move closer...somehow the man looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it is. It's George W. Bush, President of the United States!!

At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him under... forever. You have two options-you can save the life of G.W.
    Bush, or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the world's most powerful men.

So here's the question, and please give an honest answer:

Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Digital...

(I knew this one, but it still is funny)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

LOL
      FT.

Comment

Rofl
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

LOL

But if you want to shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo then I'd go with the classic simplicity of black and white.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I agree with ZokesPro, black and white is the way to go.
            RC Agent
            AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
            AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
            AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Toss in a third for B&W.

But shouldn't the real question be, would you waste the film?
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

The real story: Dick Cheney is now president and will probably run in 2008 as a result..

Still want to let GW die?

Comment

Agree with VJ

I've heard this one before too

Comment

Dick Cheney is now president
                    AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... *breath*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... *breath

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... *gasp*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... *thud*

Comment

guys guys guys,
                      colour, you can always PS it to black and white or sepia later.
                      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                        guys guys guys,
                        colour, you can always PS it to black and white or sepia later.
                        from a technical, non smartass standpoint that is exactly what I was thinking. most photos undergo a fair amount of editing before they get printed or published, and you can always change it before you publish it if it looks better...
                        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Which is why I suggested digital instead of film

Comment

Liquid Snake: my thoughts exactly...
                            (allthough nowadays there are these devices called 'scanners', which allow you to digitize documents and photos... )

By the way, shouldn't this thread be in Digital Imaging?

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Nah, B&W from the start...conversion is a bit quirky...

Comment

Working...
                              X