ATI Avivo Tecnology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Avivo Tecnology

It looks like Matrox won't have the best graphic output anymore now..

Anyone Who Edits Digital Photos, Enjoys a Home Theater PC, or Plays PC Games Needs ATI's Avivo
    • Using today's current computer architecture, Avivo delivers flawless video playback by supporting hardware MPEG-2 compression, hardware assisted decode of MPEG-2, H.264 and VC-1 video codecs, and advanced display upscaling
    • 64 times the number of colors currently available in current PCs for amazingly vibrant images that are more accurate with higher color fidelity with -unprecedented 10-bit processing throughout Avivo's display engine
    • Extreme resolutions, such as 2560 by 1600 or higher, on the latest digital displays using dual-link DVI, as well as high color depth support over DVI
    • Industry-first advanced up or down resolution scaling for high quality viewing on any flat panel display using ATI's unique solutions never before implemented on the PC
    • Accurate video capture with features like 3D comb filtering (a feature previously limited to high-end televisions), front-end video scaling, and hardware MPEG video compression
    • True-to-life image reproduction for TV programs with hardware noise reduction and 12-bit analog-to-digital conversion for high-quality video capture
    • Universal connectivity to support standard TV, HDTV, video input and all PC displays via digital (DVI, HDMI(TM)) and analog (VGA, Component, S-Video, composite) ports

You can read a preview here on Beyond3D
    NocturnDragon

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and on a Matrox loving forum....
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Somenone has to shake things up sometimes
      I was a Matrox lover,
      I had so many matrox cards I've lost the count even one before the first millennium.
      But then if I have to look for a word that can explain what i feel is just apathy.
      I mean they supposedly locked themself in the so called 2d PRO market, and then stopped to innovate even there?!?!

Soon you'll be probably able to buy a $99 ati card (RV515) way faster in 3d than is the Pharelia, with better output (yes even for DVI it makes a difference) that can drive 2 Apple displays at 2560x1600 because ATI will have two dual-link DVI connectors on all the range of products.

I really hope Matrox will get back in the game. (I still dream of a matrox + powerVR dx9 card!)
      NocturnDragon

Comment

Working...
      X