Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-Camera Technology... I can see the lawsuits now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Camera Technology... I can see the lawsuits now!

I predict this will get ugly. I know that I, for one, wear "highly reflective" glasses all day, every day. They claim that the digital camera has "different" or "greater" reflectivity than glasses or coke bottles, but that's not only nearly impossible to tell from a distance, but just untrue. Advanced anti-glare coating on glasses produces nearly identical reflectivity to camera lenses. Additionally, sunglasses have been nearly perfect mirrors on the outside for quite a few years now.

The first time some fvcktarded ****at beams a blinding flash of light directly into someone's eyes... is the last time this technology will ever be used.

Edit: Just noted that the most recent comment on that page says nearly the same thing that I just said. Although he raises an interesting point about the use of deadly force in defense!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Can they make something similar to blind the speeding cameras ?
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I imagine it would be very difficult to do this if the light source is moving.
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

What about film?

Comment

That article is complete garbage. Cameras don't have retroreflective coatings on their lenses, they have antireflective coatings. A lens and/or camera does retroreflect, but only directly back along the axis of the system. The attached picture of a telescope shows the effect, although somewhat poorly since the flash of the camera obviously wasn't directly in-line with the cameras lens.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
            That article is complete garbage. Cameras don't have retroreflective coatings on their lenses, they have antireflective coatings. A lens and/or camera does retroreflect, but only directly back along the axis of the system. The attached picture of a telescope shows the effect, although somewhat poorly since the flash of the camera obviously wasn't directly in-line with the cameras lens.
            Your picture would not prove or disprove the effect. Their argument (which I'm interested in, but haven't made my mind up about), is that cameras (especially CCDs) that are used for surveillance only care about visible light, and the lens filters they use have a retroreflective property in the IR spectrum to keep the IR from the CCD.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Ahh...yes, that reminds me, I must remove this IR filter of sorts from my Quickcam and get IR emitter lightbulb - better than pointing "normal" lightbulb in my eyes anyday... (the Quickcam express is quite shitty in low light...)

Comment

Wasn't that a trick used with low-light video camera to 'see through' clothing? ISTR certain web sites selling optical filters for this 'application'
                FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                  Wasn't that a trick used with low-light video camera to 'see through' clothing? ISTR certain web sites selling optical filters for this 'application'
                  Yup. Sony pulled a whole bunch of product from their shelves after a rash of those videos hit Teh Intarweb.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I guess it should be ok to post this example - someone remove if not please. NSW.

FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                      I guess it should be ok to post this example - someone remove if not please. NSW.

http://www.spy.th.com/through.html
                      Hmm...now that's the idea.

Now only to organize pyjama party in dorms room

Comment

see, they need to take this to the next level and just use a highly focused laser to blind recording devices...

hehe...

fire the laser!
                        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

That would be a "lay-zer" (with air quotes, like Dr. Evil).

Comment

I highly doubt that my mobile has any kind of coating on its plastic lensthingy...

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                            X