• Mercury Mail question?

I've setup Mercury Mail on the server and it seems to be working

My mail setup is as follows:

Personal mail > delivered to my mailbox
    Spam > delivered to my mailbox and filtered
    Shopping > delivered to my mailbox and filtered
    My wife's mail > delivered to my mailbox and filtered

I have setup the four POP3 accounts in the MercuryMail POP3 client
    I have set the top three accoutns to be delivered to my mailbox, and the wife's mail to her mailbox. I can browse the mailboxes by IMAP.

right Here's the problems:

1) I can't send mail locally - i.e. from my email, to my wifes email - the MM log seems to add JOB to any locally relayed mail and then reports that it has an illegal from address and forwards it to the admin box.

2) All my is sent with my wife's email as the 'reply to'. I've tried changing this on the client side with no success. Perhaps this is because i am accessing two IMAP accounts on the server from the same client???

3) Probably part of problem 2 - I need to have a different reply-to/sender name on each of my three accounts.

Other than that it works a treat

I've also configured FileZilla, Apache, PHP and MySQL.
    Hmm... perhaps this is a problem with the SMTP settings????
    I need to resolve this before I recreate the website as I need to know the SMTP server is working....

Cheers for any tips
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I found a 'allow relaying of mail with the following IP' box. My inserting my local network it seems to work

So problems 1 and 2 are solved.

How can I use different reply to / sender names with my other pop3 accounts.
    Do i need seperate mailboxes and IMAP accounts? or some sort of server side filtering?

Question 4: In order to access the IMAP server i am pointing to it's IP. Now external connections will point to the router's IP. This all works. My question is, when i move outside the network, how can i set the mail client to access the server without having to change it's ip? Do i need to set some sort of alias?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

See this thread, http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?t=54036

Until you get to six posts we can't help you, new MURC policy.

Comment

LOL

I think i've managed to sort it all out.
        I'm having problems configuring the SMTP server without leaving it as an open relay.
        I'd rather not authenticate by IP, as it seems insistant on doing, but rather on a 'per user' basis.

In any case, I have most of it sorted.

I'd still like some advice on server/client side filtering so that i can change the 'reply to' and sender fields.

I also have a problem with the router as in my other post

Comment

No MercuryMail gurus?
          Recommend another mail server then?
          I'd be reluctant to change as I feel that this is 99% there....

Comment

hmm.. could i configure the IMAP server to be used as webmail?

Comment

Paddy

Tell me what your problem is tomorrrow,

I use mercury at work and may have had the some of the issues you are having.

Breezer
              Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

Working...
              X