Lake Tahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Tahoe

Took some photos this weekend while staying at Lake Tahoe.

The last pic is from my hotel room room behind a window. It came out rather nice considering my handicapp of the window and non optimal view.

Comments welcome.
    Attached Files
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Ooooh, nice!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Nice shots. I'm rather impressed with how well the last one came out considering. It's a beautiful area there; I'd like to make a trip back there some days, as it's been 10 years at the least.
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I just realized the first pic is a zoomed in version of the right side of the last pic. That is through the window as well.
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Second one seems overexposed.

The last one is the best of the bunch, IMO.

Comment

You are probably right. I am still learning a lot, plus I bought a used lens from a friend. I shot all of these pictures with the EF 28-135mm lens. I noticed that it sucks in so much light that a lens hood is a nessacity(sp?). I need to buy one asap.

Comment

The 28-135 is a pretty decent lens. The IS is pretty useful for some situations. It was one of the lenses I was considering but 28 isn't nearly wide enough for me on the Rebel XT. The flare you're talking about is an inherent problem with wide-angle lenses though, which is why lens hoods are always recommended.

Comment

Duct tape also works in a hurry. Actually, try a haze filter or polarizing filter as well as the bonnet.

Comment

Brings back some nice memories
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                  X