Generous to a fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generous to a fault

Several guys are relaxing at the local golf club, when a cell phone rings - one of the guys turns to the hands-free speaker function, and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops talking to listen.

Man: "Hello"?

Woman: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"

Man: "Yes"

Woman: "I'm at the mall, and I have found this beautiful leather coat. It's only $1,100. Is it OK if I buy it, sweetie?"

Man: "Sure; if you like it that much. I want you to be happy."

Woman: "I also stopped by the Mercedes dealer and saw one of the new models. It's a beautiful silver."

Man: "How much?"

Woman: "$279,000"

Man: "OK, but for that price we want all the extras."

Woman: "Great! Oh, and one more thing. Darling, remember that house we wanted last year? It's back on the market, and they are only asking $1,950,000."

Man: "Wow! - Well go ahead and make them an offer. See if they will take $1,895,000."

Woman: "OK, thank you sooooooooo much - you are wonderful... See you later, I love you."

Man: "Bye, I love you too."

The man hangs up. The other guys are looking at him in amazement. The room is stunned.

Then he asks - "Anyone know whose phone this is?"
    FT.

Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Rofl
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Hahaha
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Great!

J1NG

Comment

Working...
          X