iPod nano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod nano

Looks pretty nice altough a bit to expensive imo.

p.s. it's also available in black .
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Ah you beat me too it. I hear next year they will come out with the iPod thumbtack

iTunes 5 is also now available for download, and don't forget, there's the questionable iTunes Mobile - sadly only available through Cingular.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Is it Flash based? Or hdd?

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
        Is it Flash based? Or hdd?
        Look at it. It's clearly flash-based.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm, you're satisfied with this one?

/me wants it...

Comment

Originally posted by KeiFront
            Looks pretty nice altough a bit to expensive imo.
            Too expensive? Are you nuts? $200 for a 4GB flash music player? Pricewatch doesn't show 4GB CF that cheap.

This is like when people said the mini was too expensive, when it cost less than the hard drive that was in it.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'd worry about this thing getting lost or bent/broken easily. I'm still not a fan of ipod/itunes (iriver guy) , but I admit this is a pretty nice little thing
              Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                Too expensive? Are you nuts? $200 for a 4GB flash music player? Pricewatch doesn't show 4GB CF that cheap.

This is like when people said the mini was too expensive, when it cost less than the hard drive that was in it.
                kuch kuch, the 4Gb versions costs 249$ (or 259€). The 2Gb version cost 200$ (or 209€).
                Last edited by KeiFront; 7 September 2005, 13:47.
                Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey
                  I'd worry about this thing getting lost or bent/broken easily. I'm still not a fan of ipod/itunes (iriver guy) , but I admit this is a pretty nice little thing
                  How is it any more breakable than the hundreds of other portable players? I have an iPod shuffle and I've had the thing in my back pocket when I sat down before. If it's going to break by sheer force, then there's nothing going to stop that.

Hey, don't you owe me a belated birthday present?

Comment

kuch kuch, the 4Gb versions costs 249$ (or 259€). The 2Gb version cost 200$ (or 209€).
                    Still, I found ONE 4GB CF for $200, and anything with a recognizable brand was $225, $250 and up. Headphones, LI batteries, Color display, and everything else for $250 more and you're complaining?
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Gurm,

http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/suppor...o/micro3k4.htm which would fit in the space quite happily.

Just thought it could have been one of these. But you are of course right because it says skip free.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
                        Gurm,

http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/suppor...o/micro3k4.htm which would fit in the space quite happily.
                        Not too happily. It's 0.20" thick, to the 0.27" total for the Nano (the Mini is 0.50" thick). Also, at 16 grams, it would be more than 1/3 of the Nano's weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                          Still, I found ONE 4GB CF for $200, and anything with a recognizable brand was $225, $250 and up. Headphones, LI batteries, Color display, and everything else for $250 more and you're complaining?
                          a bit to expensive imo.
                          A comparable 4gb flash based mp3 player would cost about 200€ overhere, ok it doesn't has a colour screen etc. And other people I talked with also found it a bit to expensive. So I think it's reasonable to complain a bit. FYI 249$ +21% vat is 301$, 259€ = 321.491$.

Comment

Wow that thing is pretty slick...I get one to replace my Ipod if/when it craps out
                            Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Related in only a peripheral sense... thank god they ditched the brush metal look in iTunes

Ahem.

Comment

Working...
                              X