Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPU utilisation of onboard NIC on A7N8X-e?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU utilisation of onboard NIC on A7N8X-e?

I have an asus a7n8x-e with onboard 10/100mbit and 1000mbit lan. I have noticed that my FTP connection to my xbox wont use more than 25% of the 100mbit connection. My switch reports no collisions. I have noticed that if I engage the CPU so that it maxes out at 100% utilisation, the network speed drops to ~2.5%. Now this is still faster than my 1mbit internet access so it is not normally a problem, but it has taken hours to transfer 5GB to the xbox via FTP.

Assuming this is not a problem related to the xbox, what can you guys suggest?

Cheers!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I guesss that is the nvidia lan?, I think if you look in the configuration for the network card you should be able to set it to "optimised for througput" , rather than " optimised for CPU utilisation" or something like that, not sure if it will help but its worth a try.

Comment

Cheers for the reply, although i can't seem to find this option?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

found it! will test later cheers

Comment

I haven't noticed this problem on my A7N8X-E Deluxe? Do you not have the latest nVidia LAN drivers installed? Some versions of the drivers REALLY suck. Try the latest AndyR repack:

(He calls himself Planet nVidia now...)
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

cheers G i'll download them when i get home

Comment

Working...
            X