A new toy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new toy!

My aging Palm Tungsten E has become a bit tired so I have "upgraded" to a Tungsten E2

The T:E2 is almost physically identical to the T:E, the visual changes are the “universal connector” (I do think the mini usb connector of the TE was more universal) that it shares with the T5 and the Lifedrive and that its 3mm fatter (makes it fit the TE case better )

The TE2 has the same non-volatile memory as the T5 and the TREO650, so no worries of loosing data

Bigger battery and the non-volatile memory make the battery time on the E2 amazing, using it as a MP3 player for approx. 6 hours only drained a quarter of the battery (after a week or so of use I have yet to charge it)

The built in Bluetooth works perfectly together with my Sony Ericsson K700i

Documents to go 7 is included in ROM and with the 200mhz CPU I don’t have to wait 30 seconds or more just to open one of my excel spreadsheets (some documents took forever to open on the TE, urghhhhh ).

Some really OLD palm app’s don’t work anymore (old games mostly) and the “blue highlight around selected onscreen buttons” (will post pic) annoys the hell out of me since it looks really FUGLY if you use anything besides the standard collor scheme.

Other than that I love it

Spec’s:

Tungsten E2 (TE specs in "( )" )
    OS
    Palm OS® Garnet v5.4 (Palm OS® 5.2.1)

PROCESSOR
    Intel 200MHz Xscale (TI OMAPâ„¢ - 126 MHz ARM processor)

MEMORY
    26MB (29.5MB, yeah the TE actually has more of its 32mb available to its users )

DISPLAY
    High-resolution 320x320 transflective display supporting 65,536 colours (both has about the same, the TE2 being a tad brighter)

SIZE
    • 11.4 x 7.8 x 1.5 cm (11.4 x 7.9 x 1.2 cm)

WEIGHT
    • 133 gr. (131 gr)
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Congrats on the buy, it's a very elegant, practical device which should sell very well...Windows Mobile is still far from the elegance of PalmOS and I wouldn't say it's particularly more advanced.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
    X