The Constant Gardener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Constant Gardener

*** Warning ~ Spoilers Ahead!!!! Leave this thread if you haven't seen the movie ***

Ok, so I saw the film this evening.

It was good. I like complex movies.

There was something I didn't get though.

It didn't seem clear what the drug company intended to do with the drug. If they brought the drug to the West "as is" people would die from the side effects. And they'd just be paying out all their profits in lawsuit settlements, like in many recent real drug cases.

So as much as I can understand that they might have wanted to cover up the deaths associated with their trials, it didn't seem like they were trying to fix their formula.

It feels like I missed some key element of the plot due to the Brittish accents.

Anyone read the book? Maybe this is something explained therein? Anyone know the answer to my question?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Sounds like the screenwriters/author were working on suppostions as to how US drug approval and marketing work and not how they actually do.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Please don't confuse my overly simplistic explanation/understanding of the drug approval process as described in the movie as being what the movie actually depicted.

See the movie and then tell me what you think.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
      X