Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Monitors & Video

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help or point in the right diretion.

I am looking to run three AVI or quicktime videos across three monitors, preferably using a single PC. Knowing that the PC would have to be a high spec, I was wondering what technology is out there to let me do this. Preferably, I'd like to sync the three AVI files together - perhaps I'm asking too much on this point.

Thanks in advance

Tony

I love these "thinking challenges".....
    If I understand correctly, you want 3 different avi's each in a separate monitor, from 1 cpu. Here's my sugestion.....

First, consider "4" monitors....
    Create a single avi composed of 4 images, each of which appears as a quarter of the total screen image. This can be done with "moving paths" (that don't actually move of course)
    Run you video out signal thru an image splitter/processor. These "little black boxes" are used for the "wall-of-TV's-effect" you see at trade shows etc. The software that runs these boxes lets you do things like repeat the entire image on every monitor, or split up the image to make the entire setup look like one giant image. This is the option you want. Split the image between the four monitors (physically set-up in a 2x2 square arrangement) and bingo, you've got each "quardrant" in a separate monitor. Your "sync" is guaranteed because it's all one avi file, and you don't need a high power CPU to pull this one off. (You can basically do the same with only 3 if you really want. Simply leave one "corner" of your avi black, then only connect 3 monitors to the splitter box)

Hey, just a thought......
    PII350, MarvelG200, MSP5.2, PromiseFT w/2x8.4's, SB-PCI128

Comment

Hi Black Cat, did you ever figure-out a solution to 3 avi's going out to 3 seperate monitors? What was the idea for?

I'm intrigued cause I was also trying to figure this out for 4 seperate video outs.

The best option I came up with was 4 seperate PCI video cards, each with zoom capabilities.

I'd be interested to know what you came up with and what you wanted to do with it.

Rgds, Julian

You could do it

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by The Black Cat:
      Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help or point in the right diretion.

I am looking to run three AVI or quicktime videos across three monitors, preferably using a single PC. Knowing that the PC would have to be a high spec, I was wondering what technology is out there to let me do this. Preferably, I'd like to sync the three AVI files together - perhaps I'm asking too much on this point.

Thanks in advance

Tony
      </font>

Comment

Well Rob's idea is an interesting trek into lateral thinking. As for the rest, have you tried running multiple instances of <your favourite AVI player> ? I suspect you won't be able to, since trying to run a second instance will terminate the first instance.

Comment

Working...
        X