Help!! Dual Head Dead?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! Dual Head Dead?????

Okay, this is getting bizarre. The dual head function on my G400TV appears to be malfunctioning or going out. It was working fine on Saturday, then on Sunday it stopped outputting video to the TV correctly -- unless the file was MJPEG. You can see the video, but it is in black and white, horrible quality and flipping all over the place. Intially, I thought it was a coding problem with the file, but it is not. If it is anything but MJPEG, you get the horrible signal. I was trying to check/reset parameters and realized that the desktop output to TV doesn't work either.

I uninstalled/reinstalled the driver (1.54) and video tools (1.52), but that did not help.

Any clue as to what this could be? Is my G400-TV dying? Could the VIA issues cause something like this -- even though the card has been working fine with the new board for a month and a half?

I am just about to give up the pursuit of video on PC -- too many problems, not enough output.

Have you checked the souce and cables as well? Re-tightened the BOB cable? Reseated the card?

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 23 April 2001).]

Comment

Run Quick Connect and check the Video Out settings. Sometimes I get the exact same problem when playing around with software. What typically happens is that the setting goes from NTSC to PAL. That makes the video b/w, shaky, and the rest. Going through the Quick Connect process always corrects the situation.

Comment

Thanks for the answers, however, don't think they will help. The cables aren't the problem. As I said, output of MJPEG still works fine, but it is the only thing that does work. At any rate, I already did rennected everything to the BOB and VCR/TV. I have not opened up the case to reseat the card, but I can try that -- although I don't know why it would have worked fine up until now when nothing in the case has been changed or disturbed.

As far as the TV out settings, that was the very first thing I checked. This is how I discovered that the desktop would not go to TV out through the clone.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers again. If that doesn't do it, the only thing I know to do is a clean install. I've already done two of these thanks to my VIA chipset board. All of this just keeps setting me back on going digital.

Comment

One word for how it can change: oxydization.

Over time you can get a layer of oxide on the surface of the contacts that can partially insulate the contacts and cause problems.

When you pull the card LIGHTLY go over it the contacts with a dustless eraser, go over it with a clean brush and then reinsert it.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 23 April 2001).]

Comment

Working...
          X