Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Canyon glass walkway.....

that juts 70 feet out over the canyon;

It's been proposed by a native American tribe that owns the land around part of the canyon.

Story....

My kids and I would love it, but you couldn't get Margie closer than 200 feet without a team of horses

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

ooooooo I'd love to check that out. Heck I just need to go again, I haven't been since I was 8.
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I wonder how long before some BASE jumper takes advantage of that structure.

Comment

Indiana Jones all over
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

! Try that puppy out in a thunderstorm !!!!

Comment

Under no circumstances would I step out onto that thing.

Comment

As I get vertigo on a thick carpet, guess it's not for me. Hey, you mech/civil engineering guys, what would happen if a bunch of 7-year-olds start jumping synchronously up and down at the extreme tip, especially if they hit resonance?

When I visited the place, I kept well behind the barriers at the public viewing spots

Has anyone suffered from vertigo? I have had two severe bouts where I simply could do nothing but freeze. The first was on a solid wooden platform with safety rail inside the battlements of the Château de Grandson, designed so that you can pour boiling oil or molten lead on the attackers. The drop was perhaps 15 m. I just froze solid, as helpless as a babe. Apparently I wasn't the first, as one of the custodians came with a blindfold, told me to face the stone wall and put my hands on it. He then told me to take a series of small sideways steps while he stood behind me, with his hands on my waist. He thus guided me blindly to the stone steps in a turret. Relief! The second time was on a kind of narrow steel pedestrian bridge with a grilled walkway, just wide enough for one person. Again the drop must have been in the 15 m region. I was the only person there when I froze, so could not get help. Having experienced the effect of the blindfold, I screwed my eyes shut, put a hand on each rail and shuffled my way slowly back from whence I came. It really is a horrifying experience when it hits like that.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Hey, you mech/civil engineering guys, what would happen if a bunch of 7-year-olds start jumping synchronously up and down at the extreme tip, especially if they hit resonance?
                Uuhh, well.....it would shake a bit more in the vertical direction than usual, I suppose

Comment

Working...
                X