Win2k and avi capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k and avi capture

I have read that Win2k limits avi capture resolution to 320x240. Is there any truth to this? Has anyone had success with full res avi captures? I am thinking of upgrading to win2k to get around the 2gb/4gb file size limitation but this makes no sense if I am limited to 320x240 res.

This is definitely not true. I've just finished a 768x576 MJPEG avi capture in Win2k with my Radeon VIVO and I've done the same earlier with the Hauppauge WinTV - so full res captures are possible in Win2k.
    Of course depending on your capture hardware there might be driver-issues preventing high-res captures but then this is not the fault of Win2k but a driver bug/limitation.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

Very true. Whatever multimedia problems Win2K has (and it does have some) that isn't one of 'em.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

What exactly are w2k "multimedia problems"?

As compared to win98 where I took an autoplay CD of some Battlebots clips to a friend's win98 computer. After playing half a clip it locked up. Rebooted, tried again it played three clips before blue screening. After the second reboot it managed to play the entire set of clips successfully.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
        X