phpbb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpbb question

How the hell do you allow attaching pictures? In other words, I want to allow posters to attach an image to view in the thread. Of course, it is possible to link to an image but most of the people that will be using this forum will have no clue. Thanks for the help.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

last i checked, phpbb required an addon/hack to allow you to attach things. check out their mods/addon forum
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I just realized MURC is using vBulletin. It doesn't look like there is a free version either. I'm assuming that uploading pictures is part of vBulletin or did you have to code it in?

BTW, thanks for the info Sasq
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

part of vB, the multi attachements are part of the new vb3
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

btw, you were spot on. I checked the MOD forum and the first sticky was the mod for attachments. It's kind fo painful, but I think I can do it. I'm on step 3 which involves replacing several lines of code in 30 files, YUCK!

Comment

OK, I ran into another problem. I have these .TPL files and windows doesn't know how to handle them. I tried opening them up in notedpad but they are screwed up. Anyone what I could edit them with? Dreamweaver doesn't like them either. Thanks!

Comment

OK, I figured out that I could edit these .tpl files with wordpad, but now I don't understand something. Maybe one of you who knows php can help me.

Here is the problem. I am being told to add a line into an existing file. The problem is, I think I'm doing it wrong. The directions say this:

Code:
              #-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
              # around line 106
              	  <td width="55%" valign="middle" class="{listrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="topictitle">&nbsp;<a href="{listrow.U_READ}" class="topictitle">{listrow.SUBJECT}</a></span></td>

# 
              #-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]---------------------------------------------
              # around line 106 (directly in that line)
              <span class="topictitle">&nbsp;<a href="{listrow.U_READ}" class="topictitle">{listrow.SUBJECT}

# 
              #-----[ IN-LINE BEFORE, ADD ]---------------------------------------
              # 
              {listrow.PRIVMSG_ATTACHMENTS_IMG}
              It seems weird to me that you would add that piece of code on it's own line without any other parameters. Am I making sense?

Comment

OK, I figured it out. I missed the "IN-LINE" part of the instructions.

Comment

Working...
                X