Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting AUDIO OUT to a VCR

I have a Marvel G400-TV.

The manual says that I connect the Audio IN jack on the Breakout Cable to the speaker out jacks on my sound card - it doesn't have Line Out (AWE 64 Gold).

I expected this sound to come out of the Audio Out jacks on the Breakout Box, but it doesn't - nothing comes out.

What IS supposed to come out of the Audio Out jacks, and where does it come from?

Pete Smith.

Use the little phone to 3.5mm jack (socket) adapter that comes with the AWE64 Gold and connect the "audio in" to the BOB to this.

Connect your VCR/amp to the Audio Out phono's on the BOB. To get sound through the BOB you need to run the PC-TV program. Annoying eh!...

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rob100:

Use the little phone to 3.5mm jack (socket) adapter that comes with the AWE64 Gold and connect the "audio in" to the BOB to this.

Connect your VCR/amp to the Audio Out phono's on the BOB. To get sound through the BOB you need to run the PC-TV program. Annoying eh!...
      </font>
      This is exactly what I am doing - speaker jacks on AWE go through a phone/3.5mm socket converter which the Audio In plug is plugged into. If I then watch television in PC-TV, I hear the sound coming from my normal speakers (also on the AWE speaker jacks via splitter), but nothing comes out of Audio Out on the BOB. Does this mean I have a faulty BOB?

Comment

When you say no audio come from the Bob's audio out - do you mean the phono sockets on the Bob or the 3.5mm jack plug? The "audio out" jack goes to the line in on the AWE64 and the "audio in" jack to the phono/3.5mm jack adapter (line out).

Comment

Yes, I do mean the jacks on the BOB - the ones on the back of it labelled L - AUDIO OUT - R, coloured Red and White. I've tried connecting a spare loudspeaker to them but there's nothing there.

If you're sure that's what's supposed to happen, then I must have a faulty BOB or a faulty cable - or are there some settings somewhere?

Comment

Maybe your BOB is faulty. I remeber when I first got mine the sound thing drove me mad. I don't use the AWE64 for capture now so maybe (I don't know as I've changed so many other things) this is part of the problem - I can't see how though TBH. All I can tell you is that currently using the Santa Cruz I always get sound out the BOB. Everything from the sound when I start Windows to something played with Media Player. Currently using 555 drivers and VT1.54.

Comment

Working...
            X