Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passive AGP card with DVI-I and preferably VIVO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passive AGP card with DVI-I and preferably VIVO?

Can anyone recommend one? I'd like one so my HTPC has a DVI for when I eventually get a decent 42" plasma TV, and passive for the noise. I'd like VIVO so I can use that to input my NTL set-top box. My Compro DVB card has video-in, but I want to reserve that for other inputs (my plan is to have MCE control the NTL box, and use the Compro card outside of MCE so can effectively have two tuners. MCE can only control 2 tuners if they have identical channel lineups, and DVB-T has far fewer channels than NTL.

If a VIVO capable card can't be found that is passive, it needs to be v. quiet!

Also my integrated GF4 (on my A7n8x/vm-400) corrupts the MCE menus sometimes.

TIA.
    FT.

I got an ATi 9250/128mb ViVo cheap from EBuyer. Passive cooling and a DVI, performance slightly under 8500/64mb speed in 3dMark2000
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Thanks Rich. A 9250 should be fine for my use. I don't suppose you can be more specific as I can't see any with VIVO, although they are lacking a lot of details on their site?

TVM
      FT.

Comment

Just wondering: would there be a passive cooler for the Parhelia APVe?
        After all, this still is MURC

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone
          Thanks Rich. A 9250 should be fine for my use. I don't suppose you can be more specific as I can't see any with VIVO, although they are lacking a lot of details on their site?

TVM
          Don't worry, I found a Club-3D one that is definitely VIVO on Komplett for £33. They also have the MCE 2005 remote so I'll get both from there. E-Buyer aren't listing any VIVO cards, although some of them may be so.
          FT.

Comment

Working...
          X