Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows Vista, now with... photo quality wallpapers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista, now with... photo quality wallpapers?

Boasting an enhanced graphics engine, Avalon, Vista renders complex images with more detail than before, producing photo-quality wallpaper for your desktop.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3672_7-6300167-2.html?tag=ss

Umm... wow... I'm soooooo impressed, this is such a revolutionary technology!

You know, they are right: my background image looks like a child's drawing instead of a photo...

Oddly enough, I kinda like the transparent window borders that act as lenses...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Perhaps they ships it with high rez .PNG or .bmp instead of those .jpegs that are so compressed they shof big artifacts on large tft's that was in xp
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Oh wow that made up my mind. Now I'm definately getting Windows Vista for that awesome new feature!

Comment

Originally posted by rylan
          Oh wow that made up my mind. Now I'm definately getting Windows Vista for that awesome new feature!
          After all, NeXTStep couldn't do that.

Oh wait, yes it could.

- Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
            Recommended system requirement for Avalon and its Aero Glass eXperience: DirectX 9.0 graphics hardware acceleration
            Not JUST a DX9c graphics accelerator ... at least a 64 MB video card, with a 128 MB jobbie recommended. And 512 MB RAM min, with 1 GB recommended. And the OS alone takes up about 4 GB of hard drive space. Default memory footprint is about 425 MB without any tweaking.

But it's not bloated and really fast ... not. But it is still in Beta. Maybe they'll speed it up before RTM ...

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Let's see Intel speeds up, M$ bloats = same speed. = buy new hardware = Intel speeds up =.........

Is this a zero sum game or what ?

Comment

Originally posted by degrub
                Let's see Intel speeds up, M$ bloats = same speed. = buy new hardware = Intel speeds up =.........

Is this a zero sum game or what ?
                If you are Intel or MS it's not zero sum at all.
                Far from it
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                X