Werid/annoying problem in WinXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Werid/annoying problem in WinXP

Back about 2 months ago I was having issues with my PC and the screen savers not working nor the the monitor powering down after a set period of time. In addition I was having problems with the GUI in WinXP, where you could have a window open, bring the cursor over it and it be totaly non responsive to any mouse clicking over it, but if you Alt-tab it, it would "wake the window up" and you could use the mouse with it.

I decided to dump the system and reload it, but I'm still getting the same issues. I thought it might have been an overclocking issue, but nope when I flashed the BIOS to the lastest verison, it still happened when the CPU was set to its orginal speed.

I'm running Win XP SP2
    DFI LANPARTY UT NF4-SLI D
    Nvidia ForceWare ver 6.66
    Lastest ATI Drivers

Any suggestions?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

which system?

...i have personally witnessed some of the wierdist problems with a low 3.3v rail...you never know

...does it do this after a fresh install with no other software installed??...i know you reloaded your os.

all i can think of to try is find an event within windows that "validates" the problem...reload(..again) and document the sequence in which you load any other software and which causes the problem re-emerge, then start from there...

cc
    Last edited by Chucky Cheese; 22 August 2005, 23:59.

Comment

Sounds like something is keeping windows 'awake'... either a program running that keeps making windows or the pc think its being used instead of sitting there, or something connected to one of your input ports that keeps signaling.

Comment

Working...
      X