X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how depresed are you

ever wondered about that?

scored 48
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Only 9, oh well.

Comment

Scored a 13, which seems about right; though, many of the options are limiting in that they do not cover the reverse case (such as weight, which was geared towards having too much weight loss).

Of course it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, given I've battled mild depression since I was 8
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Scored 11 now, but I know at times I would have scored maximum points, whatever they might be... and others I would have scored 0. Swings and roundabouts although I'd rather a level playing field
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Scored a 13. They don't have a section for the positive stuff, like yeah I've lost weight... 'cuz I'm working out and eating right. That's not a BAD thing, is it?

I'm "irritated almost all the time". But that's not because of depression, it's because the world is an IRRITATING GODDAMNED PLACE. YEARGH! (Howard Dean, baby!)
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Well, I didn't do quite as bad as SD. But I think I've just reaffirmed something I've known for a while about the relative health of my state of mind.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Only a 2? I always though of myself as a pessimist that wanted to be an optimist.

Comment

15. Which is damned good considering I know we are all doomed. I have forseen it. At least I didn't have to give up my right eye like old Odin.

Comment

I'm not depressed, just terminally cynical.

Comment

since Moog passed....

Comment

5 months ago it would have been much higher. Luckily my doctor figured out I was depressed.

EDIT: I just took it again with how I thought I felt 5 months ago and I scored a 35.

Amazing what 5 months can do.
                      Last edited by Helevitia; 22 August 2005, 18:59.
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

what did your doctor do about it? better living through chemistry?
                        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
                          scored 48

Originally posted by Schmosef
                          Well, I didn't do quite as bad as SD. But I think I've just reaffirmed something I've known for a while about the relative health of my state of mind.
                          You guys should seriously seek professional help if you haven't already.
                          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                              what did your doctor do about it? better living through chemistry?
                              Well, he didn't do anything right away. We decided to do blood work first to rule out things like diabetes, thyroid problem, etc...

While I waited for the results I had a nervous breakdown and sought counseling. I have since started taking meds.. I also work really hard on my childhood issues, and other mental aspects. If you want more detailed info, feel free and PM me.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X