Windows Oddity Goodness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Oddity Goodness

Alright, so what's up with my Windows XP Pro install?

Often, when I maximize an app it draws under my taskbar, even though I've turned off auto hide and turned on "always on top".

The easiest way to correct the behaviour is to unlock and relock my taskbar. It's still annoying that I have to do that every once in a while.

I was thinking it was video drivers, but updating to the latest Matrox SE drivers didn't help. I have an AGP 4x Parhelia 128MB and a PCI Millennium G450 in this rig.

Anyone know what might be causing it? Maybe there's some registry setting that's locked up?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

I wonder if this is related to the cute little bug where the date tool-tip on the clock will start being drawn behind the taskbar, rendering it useless.

Comment

I see that problem with system tray tool tips all the time too. I usually goes away right away though. I just move the mouse away and move it back.

However, whenever MS Anti Spyware is running its daily scheduled system scan it draws the scan status window under my taskbar too.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
        Often, when I maximize an app it draws under my taskbar, even though I've turned off auto hide and turned on "always on top".
        I don't know if the settings for "snap window size to desktop minus taskbar width" and "always on top" are linked or not... I'm guessing in your case... not.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
        X