• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borsnan fired from Bond series....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Who's Borsnan?

Seriously though, I don't think there was anything wrong with him playing James Bond. The people who should have been fired are the idiots who have been doing the writing (or lack thereof) in the movies...

Comment

Peirs Borsnan, your license to klil is revlocked...
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I like the simple Bond movies with only minimal gadgets and followable stories.

Comment

Like Moonraker. Now there was a picture!

"James Bond...You appear with the tedious inevitability of an unloved season!"

Kevin

Comment

Who's replacing him?

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
              Who's replacing him?
              Hugh Jackman was offered but turned it down. Other rumors say Russel Crowe, but I doubt that. I think they will try and get a lesser name for the new Bond. I hope they go back to the way Bond used to be, and not this new Bond they've been trying to dish out on us since Roger Moore retired.
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

"Since Roger Moore retired".

Since then we've had the WORST Bond, and one of the best. Brosnan is a fun Bond, not quite as gritty as Connery but a good sight better than Moore. Timothy Dalton, on the other hand, was just LOUD AND ANGRY ALL THE TIME IT WAS AS THOUGH HE WAS SHOUTING EVEN THOUGH HE WAS WHISPERING!

Bleh.

I vote for Clive Owen, but nobody is going for it.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                If only life were as easy as you
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

here's my vote for Clive Owen!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                    Timothy Dalton, on the other hand, was just LOUD AND ANGRY ALL THE TIME IT WAS AS THOUGH HE WAS SHOUTING EVEN THOUGH HE WAS WHISPERING!
                    Dunno... I kinda liked Timothy Dalton... You sensed he was 'dangerous'...

Jörg
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

okay... Bond talk. As a car fanatic, Let's see how educated you are about Official bond cars:
                      1.) What was the first official non-british Bond car and in what movie?

2.) Which cars bad guys were using in that movie major chase scene?

3.) What happened to Original Aston-Martin DB5 from Goldfinger and Thunderball?

4.) which manufacturer provided the car that was used for the legendary spin jump stunt?

...should not be too hard. I had to be careful so, that I am sure about corrct answers.
                      "Dippadai"

Comment

#1 is a BMW 750iL (I think) in Goldeneye? Or maybe it was the BMW Z8..

#2 Mercedes?

#3 Jay Leno owns it?

#4 is American Motors Corp (I know for sure)

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                          #1 is a BMW 750iL (I think) in Goldeneye? Or maybe it was the BMW Z8..

#2 Mercedes?

#3 Jay Leno owns it?

#4 is American Motors Corp (I know for sure)
                          The 750iL was in Tomorrow Never Dies. Only GOOD part of that flick.
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

Nawww....there were 3 good things in TND;

the 750iL and the other two belong to Denise Richards

Dr. Mordrid
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Okay, here comes the correct answers. The first one was a bit hard, because there was so much fuzz about the BMW's with the newer Bonds. And if you failed to find out the first one, second was doomed as well.

and the answers:
                              1.) Toyota 2000GT Cabrio in You only live twice.

2.) Toyopet Crown (Toyota Crown would have been acceptable as well. It's basically same car.)

3.) It was stolen from Aircraft hangar somewhere England in late 90's before Goldeneye filming started and It hasn't been found ever since. 1 to 1 replica was built for Goldeneye.

4.) and yes, It was good old AMC that was used for Spin Stunt.
                              "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
                              X