Universal to film "Flight 93"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal to film "Flight 93"

Done well this could be a combo nail-biter/tear jerker.

Let's hope they make it a fitting tribute to the first real heroes of 9/11;

Universal's $15 million film will be 90 minutes long and cover the flight in real time. It begins with the takeoff and hijacking of United Airlines Flight 93 by terrorists, the discovery by passengers with cell phones that other hijacked planes had been steered into the World Trade Center towers, and the realization that their plane was being steered toward D.C. Pic culminates in the decision by passengers to sacrifice their lives to bring the plane down. Flight 93 crashed in Pennsylvania.

Greengrass last directed "The Bourne Supremacy," but "Flight 93" seems closer in style to his 2002 film "Bloody Sunday," a drama about an Irish civil-rights protest that ended in a massacre by British troops in 1972.

"Flight 93" will be partly improvised with an ensemble cast, and Greengrass will use handheld cameras and other stylized techniques to give the film a gritty feel.

Greengrass got the Universal deal with a 20-page treatment that begins with a stream of consciousness summation of the tragedy he feels "changed our lives forever."
    Roll on....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Sounds like it could be a good one to see. Let's hope it shows dignity and respect for those who lost their lives.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
    X