Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Matrox MPEG in Video Studio 5

Hi All

With all the talk about the Ulead DVD plug in, and not being the patient type, I went ahead and picked up a copy of Video Studio 5. [maybe not the wisest move, as I see it now works in MSP6, but the purchase was a couple of weeks ago]

Unfortunately I've got a couple of problems getting it up and running, and I'm hoping someone can tell me about a fix or work-a-round.

Capturing video seems to work OK, using the Marvel G400 hardware compression, IF the captured file is 2 gig or less -- if it's larger then that, the captured avi file appears to be corrupt. That in itself wouldn't be a huge problem, except that when I do a capture with VS5 it doesn't stop at the 2 gig mark, nor does it create 2 gig segments like AVI_IO or PC-VCR.

My second problem is less severe... VS5 will open 4 gig files, but it won't display them if they were encoded using the Matrox codec.

Thanks
    mike

This is why I often capture with YUY2 as the video setting and PICVideo MJPeg as the compressor. PICVideo is OpenDML compliant while Matrox's DMB1 is not.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks

I was kind of hoping there was some ulead32.ini setting I missed (they do seem to have some limited effect); I'll give it a try with Picvideo as you suggested, & the mpeg2 capture seems interesting, though I haven't done more then some quick tests.

If you'ld like, if I do find some useful stuff in VS5, I'd be happy to post it. I know it's pretty low on the food chain, but if CompUSA repeats their rebate, not much to lose either.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X