Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They'll soon be coming for your burners....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They'll soon be coming for your burners....

Will these a******s ever quit?

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

Sheeeeshhhhh.....any excuse save for the one that's true: THEIR MUSIC SUCKS !!!!

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I think its about time, someone, somewhere organized a 1 week/month boycott of purchased music - no downloading either.

Just to prove a point, as in, the consumers have power too.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

boycotts are for wimps.. someone needs to tie their lawyers to the bumper of a big truck and drag them to death down hollywood blvd.

Comment

When was the last time tar and feathers were used .

Comment

The RIAA and MPAA can bitch all they want about CD-R/DVD-R burning causing their woes, because there's nothing they can do about it. CD/DVD-r tech is so entrenched in the computing society with legit purposes that trying take legal action to change the tech would be impossible. As for DRM to prevent burning ... not going to happen with CD tech. No matter what they do to prevent someone from burning, at least two sneaky people will figure out how to break.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Fuzzy Math??

"Burned" CDs accounted for 29 percent of all recorded music obtained by fans in 2004, compared to 16 percent attributed to downloads from online file-sharing networks, said Mitch Bainwol, chief executive for the Recording Industry Association of America.
            ...i would like to know how they come up with those numbers on "burned CDs"

cc

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky Cheese
              ...i would like to know how they come up with those numbers on "burned CDs"

cc
              What was the % of our increased sales, add a little but for fluff = 29%

*see the cd rips are out stripping our increase in sales.
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I seem to recall that last time the American populace objected to what they felt were unfair business practices enforced upon them by their government they held a tea party.
                Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Ahh yes, another great idea where the copyright protection breaks actually trying to use the CD in various devices.

Comment

CD copy protection cannot work.. all you have to do is hook the line out of your CD player into the line in of your sound card and record.. no it is not a bit for bit duplicate, but it is plenty good for people who normally have no problem listening to MP3's.

Also they mentioned that the sales of Velvet Revolvers latest CD was very high, contributing it to the copy protection.. could it perhaps be because they put out good stuff??
                    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Holy SHIT, you mean people buy U2 and Velvet Revolver CD's, but NOT the latest crap from Fuel or whatever other useless wannabe shit-band? THAT'S AMAZING!
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

I will never buy a CD/DVD with any of their new funky copy protection, if they force it on me I will be going from the occasional purchase, to absolutly no purchases...its their choice

Comment

Next thing they'll demand re-editing the movie High-Fidelity cause the main character thare is (dear god, the horror!) compiling a cassette with his favorite music for someone else (who ofcourse doesn't have a legit copy of the originals - OMG STFU bla bla bla).
                          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I saw that in the release notes also and got wondering what exactly this COPP thing does. Damn sneaky of ATI and MS I swear. Probably testing for VISTA and its DRM. *GAH*!
                            Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                            MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                            Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                            Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Working...
                            X