Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US approves SS2/Virgin Galactic info exchange...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US approves SS2/Virgin Galactic info exchange...

Under US law exchanges of high tech info between US companies (in this case Rutans Scaled Composites, builders of SpaceShipOne) and the UK's Virgin Airlines Virgin Galactic division;

A go-ahead was given last week by the U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) that clears the way for exchanges of technical information between Scaled Composites of Mojave, California and Virgin Galactic of the United King

9 passengers for the SS2 design and the first is to be built in the next 8 months?

Better turn the CEV project over to these guys using the t/Space CXV as a jumping off point. That design is impressing a lot of people, and it's Rutans baby anyhow.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 August 2005, 16:03.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

All it will take is one **** up and they are cooked...
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
      All it will take is one **** up and they are cooked...
      Nah. NASA has f***ed up a dozen times in the past few years, they still get funding.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Yeah, well there is congress and gov activity (can't be sued - you sign away your rights as an astronaut) and private enterprise - sue me

Comment

I've flow in Rutan-designed small aircraft and conventionally designed small aircraft. I'll take Rutans every time. His use of canards (makes the plane virtually stall-proof) and other innovative features have made his designs legendary in the flying community.

Bottom line: his bad ideas are better than most other peoples good ones, so if NASA isn't listening they should be.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X