Projector screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector screen

I’m borrowing my work’s digital projector (a small LG DLP) and I needed a projector screen for it. And since I just hadn’t the money to go out and buy one I decided to try something crazy (Well you know me, I’ve done “alternative” stuff before, remember my moped? )

I decided to make one out of A4 copy paper (well, the surface that the picture is projected on ended up being made out of Canon high precision paper) in a 4 x 4 layout (57 inches across).

The screen is made out 40 pieces of A4 and 4 dishwashing tablet boxes and 2 soda bottles.

The screen is 2 layers of A4 in 4x4 that is partly glued and mostly taped together with dual sided tape (the damn glue ran out).

The soda bottles are filled with water to stop the screen from pulling down its supports.

And it works great thinking of the materials I used
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Technoid; 13 August 2005, 10:21.
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

looks pretty good
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

haha, great job!
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I made one out of 'blackout cloth' stretched over a wooden frame - about the same brightness as a lower end projector screen.

but yours looks great considering the cost!
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Thanks

I don’t know how long this screen will last (I’m not expecting a lot ) and when I build another the first “design” improvement would be to go with a much thicker A3 paper than A4
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Tech, go to paper shop and get B1 or B2 Schölershammer or Fabriano drafting paper, much better, also more longlasting.

You can get hard cardboard for the base and use Tessa Einspruchkleber for it.

Comment

Working...
            X