Event Type: Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Type: Error

My event log has been producing this on startup...

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7000
    Date: 8/10/2005
    Time: 5:59:01 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: PITCHBLACK
    Description:
    The WinFast TV2000 XP WDM Video Capture service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Now, I uninstalled the WinFast TV2000 XP WDM Video Capture months ago when I got a new Hauppauge card. Why is this happening, and how do i fix it?

Maybe there's still some drivers left and there a reg key somewhere that asks for it, or maybe a reg key that asks for a missing file?
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

yeah go to the device manager and click show hidden devices, if it shows up delete it.
      Possibily starting in safe mode may get it to show up in your device manager so you can delete it.

or maybe you have an uninstall winfast in the start menu or add/remove programs?

Comment

And if all else fails, go into the registry and delete the service.

Comment

I am having the same exact problem. It began 25 days ago (looking at the system logs) so I can't really remember what change I made which caused it? I am in the same situation, I removed a winfast tv2000 xp pci card, 7 months ago, and ran the standard uninstaller for the driver and software.

Now my machine gives the above mentioned error on boot (I don't want tv2000 drivers any more), the system crashes mostly when watching video in winamp, AND playback of mp3 and video stutters!!! I have reproduced the same problems (all fresh installs) with winamp, itunes, vlc media player.

What is going on here? Are the ''engineers'' competent? I also ran leadtek clean sweep wizard, it did something but didn't fix the problem.

I've cleaned the registry with regseeker but that doesn't work. If I search the registry I get more than 30 hits for 'tv2000'. My question is, does anyone have an opinion on what might be safe to delete from the registry?

Here is one candidate:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\P CI\VEN_109E&DEV_036E&SUBSYS_6606107D&REV_11\4&3b1d 9ab8&0&3840]
          "DeviceDesc"="WinFast TV2000 XP WDM Video Capture"
          "LocationInformation"="PCI bus 1, device 7, function 0"
          "Capabilities"=dword:00000000
          "UINumber"=dword:00000005

And, Kooldino, do you remember how you fixed the problem?

Comment

Hi cudmore welcome to murc.

There's another thread from kooldino about this problem: http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?t=54278
            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Working...
            X