Bluetooth headset question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth headset question

My cell phone supports Bluetooth and I was thinking about getting a wireless BT headset for it. I was checking around on newegg and I see they sell USB BT antenna's for PC's and I was wondering if I could use my BT Headset with it as a mic on my PC? Anyone have any experance with trying this?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Originally posted by GT98
    My cell phone supports Bluetooth and I was thinking about getting a wireless BT headset for it. I was checking around on newegg and I see they sell USB BT antenna's for PC's and I was wondering if I could use my BT Headset with it as a mic on my PC? Anyone have any experance with trying this?
    That depends!

If the Bluetooth adapter uses the Widcomm Bluetooth driver Stack then you'll have suport for Bluetooth headset profile

Microsoft's Bluetooth stack buildt into windows XP SP2 does not suport headset (only network, serial, dial-up, HID, printer, syncronisation and discovery)

Yes, I have used a Sony Ericsson HBH-35 as headset/microphone on my laptop/Pocket PC when using Skype

Comment

Yes, that will work pretty nicely. Depends a little bit on your headset (how many pairings it remembers) on how easy it will be able to do repeatedly. I had a Motorola that was good about that, but lousy at sound quality and fit, so I got a Jabra. Better sound quality and whatnot, but not as good at multiple pairings.

Yes, get a Widcomm-based (almost all are) adapter, and follow Widcomm's instructions carefully or the MS (useless) stack will install itself by default.

I've had more fun using the phone<->computer connection. It's great for getting pictures on/off, and since my stereo is hooked up to the computer, it's a great way to play voice mails so that everyone can hear them (I've had some classics).
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
      X