Help re-encoding a busted file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help re-encoding a busted file

OK, here's the thing: I have a video I captured off a video camera tape (which, along with its owner, flew to Russia yesterday) and the app (Windows Movie Maker) crashed while it was doing the index...thus, I have a file that plays fine, but has no index, which means that in its current form I can't edit it, skip through it or (at least from what I've tried) re-encode it. Any recommendations? Can anything be done?
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

What format is the file in?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

.wmv

Comment

Try this:
        This website is for sale! video-fixer.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, video-fixer.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Take a chance I have managed to fix avi files but never tried it on wmv.

Good luck,

Debbie
        Last edited by Debbie; 9 August 2005, 12:22.
        We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Thanks very much for the suggestion, Debbie...it did the trick! The fixed file was still not editable in Movie Maker, but I could re-encode it to mp4 and can now process it

Comment

Yes Lecter, that's the way it is done. You will sacrifice some quality but at least you can encode and edit.

I'm glad to have been of service.

Debbie
            We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Working...
            X