Investors Business Daily takes aim at CAIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investors Business Daily takes aim at CAIR

Finally, someone is standing up to these goons!

Profile CAIR
    War On Terror: An American Muslim pressure group has come out strongly against police profiling of young Muslim men behaving suspiciously at train stations. But the group doesn't have our best interests at heart.

The terror-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations, or CAIR, says two New York officials' push for such targeted profiling on city subways is offensive and ignorant.

"Terror comes in all shapes and sizes," insists Wissam Nasr, director of CAIR's New York branch.

Never mind that eight young Muslim men bombed London's tube. Or that 19 young Muslim men attacked New York in 2001. Or that every suspect on the FBI's list of most wanted terrorists is a Muslim man, with nearly half going by the name Mohammed.

CAIR's national spokesman, Ibrahim Hooper, says police should ignore such obvious terror traits and search riders at random, while paying close attention only to people "sweating." Never mind that during New York's balmy summer months, that would include folks who don't remotely fit the terrorist profile.

CAIR should know better than anyone who does fit the terrorist profile. Three of its own officials were recently convicted of terror-related crimes. One even worked for Hooper. He's now in prison for conspiring to kill Americans.

A lawsuit filed against CAIR by the family of former FBI official John P. O'Neill, who was killed on 9-11, charges that the group, which evolved from a known Hamas front, is "a key player in international terrorism."

Congress is investigating CAIR and has repeatedly invited its executive director to deny the mounting terror charges under oath. But Nihad Awad, a Palestinian American, refuses. If CAIR is not tied to terrorism, why not clear the air at a televised hearing?

Tellingly, CAIR after 9-11 refused to single out al-Qaida or Osama bin Laden for condemnation. After the London bombings, it endorsed an anti-terror edict so broad it was meaningless — and one that was loaded with qualifiers.

Instead of condemning attacks against British or American or Israeli non-Muslims, it hedged by denouncing "all acts of terrorism targeting civilians" and "innocent lives" — leaving non-Muslims to wonder if they fall into those categories, knowing that jihadists don't necessarily consider them innocent or civilian.

(The vaguely worded edict was written by Hooper pal Taha Jaber al-Alwani, who happens to be an unindicted co-conspirator in the ongoing terror case against Sami al-Arian, the alleged U.S. leader of Palestinian Islamic Jihad.)

We wonder who and what CAIR, which calls itself a civil-rights defender, is really protecting when it fights targeted profiling at train stations and airports.

CAIR may talk a good patriotic and moderate game. But it has a secret agenda to Islamize America.

Before 9-11, its founder and chairman, Omar Ahmad, also a Palestinian American, told a Muslim audience: "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Quran should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."

Before coming to Washington, Hooper himself is on record stating: "I wouldn't want to create the impression that I wouldn't like the government of the United States to be Islamic."

Hooper is also on record claiming CAIR receives no "support from any overseas group or government." But land records revealed in the book "Infiltration: How Muslim Spies and Subversives Have Penetrated Washington" put the lie to that claim.

It turns out that an anti-Israeli foundation run by the crown prince of Dubai owns the very deed to CAIR's headquarters located almost in the shadow of the U.S. Capitol. The foundation has held telethons to support families of Palestinian suicide bombers.

Against these facts, it's hard to trust anything CAIR says regarding the fight against terror.

It's plain the group has ulterior motives.

Politicians from Washington to New York should ignore its aggressive lobbying against targeted profiling, a move that could save thousands of constituents' lives.

If anyone should be profiled, it's CAIR.
    Note: I hope the conversation on this topic can stay out of Temp. Mods, I'll understand if you disagree and wish to pre-emptively move it.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

People who are adapted genetically to a desert environment would not sweat at all in the heat of a NYC summer, while Norwegians probably would. So profiling sweaters would be utterly counterproductive. CAIR can eat shit.

Comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...le713712.shtml

The goal, of course, is to better focus our attention on "young Muslim men of North African, Middle Eastern, and South Asian origin." As is often the case with conservative punditry, the thing that leaps out immediately is the ignorance on display and the impracticality of the suggestion. Here is a photo of some Iranians. The women are helpfully wearing traditional Iranian attire, and the boy has an Iranian flag painted on his cheek. But ignore that and they look like, well, white people. These gentlemen are from Kyrgyzstan and look like East Asians to me. One of my best friends is of Mexican ancestry but lives in a neighborhood with a large population of South Asian descendents; he tells me that South Asians themselves often mistake him for one of his own. My neighborhood contains a lot of immigrants from East Africa, many of whom, if clothing is any indication, are Muslims. Absent the distinctive garb, a highly trained professional could, perhaps, tell them apart from America's native-born black population, primarily descended from West Africa, but I certainly can't.

We're left, then, with the possibility that we could, perhaps, exempt blond-haired people from heightened scrutiny. On the other hand, my hair was blond for a while, and dyes are widely available in America's drug stores and hair salons, so we'd have to have the nation's bag checkers peering close to the scalp for any sign of the telltale brown roots that might give a potential terrorist away.

More realistically, we could dump the whole idea as un-American and unlikely to do any good. Someone probably knows how to tell a Chechen from an Armenian, or a Malaysian from a Thai on sight, but it sure isn't me, and it almost certainly isn't your local cop, either. And if you can't see why the idea of law-enforcement personnel spending their time consulting old phrenology texts to pick up on the fine-grained differences, you must be brain-dead. Leaving 8-year-olds out of strip searches is probably a good idea, but in my experience, airport security personnel, at a minimum, do this to anyone.

Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

The solution is simple: ban clothes in public.

Oh, and open mesh or otherwise transparent containers only.
        Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 8 August 2005, 14:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
          The solution is simple: ban cloths in public.
          From your lips to God's ear.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Yeah, it doesn't have to be one extreme or another. My understanding is that they will be looking for several suspicious characteristics, race being just one of them.

The point is, they don't need to search grey haired old ladies, they're probably too tired to want to run a harem of 72 virgins. They don't need to search boy scouts off to visit the Statue of Liberty, either.

CAIR's suggestion to look for people "sweating" is disingenuous. They're not interested in helping catch terrorists. Moreover, a case might be made that they are interested in aiding and abetting terrorists.

Race is one factor among many that should be used to identify someone as worthy of being searched. That's all.

Comment

This is the attitude that gets innocent brown haired people like me shot at my local tube station. Sorry.

EDIT: by "this" i mean the attitude that you can spot a bomber by looks alone.
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I think this Cleric just granted KvH's wish!

Treason threat cleric leaves UK
                A controversial Islamic cleric has left the UK for the Middle East, his spokesman has said, amid speculation he would be investigated for treason.

Sheikh Omar Bakri Mohammed - former head of radical group Al Muhajiroun - left on Saturday for Lebanon, his colleague Anjem Choudary told the BBC.

Tony Blair had warned Mr Mohammed's organisation faced a potential ban under new anti-terrorism measures.

Mr Choudary said the cleric believed "Britain had declared war on Muslims".
                The trouble is that Bakri himself declared war against the UK in January:

British Muslims called to take up jihad
                London, England, Jan. 10 (UPI) -- Muslims living in Britain are facing two choices; either to migrate or to join the jihad, a key Islamic figure has said.

Sheikh Omar Bakri Muhammed, leader of the now officially disbanded Islamic militant group Al Muhajiroun told United Press International Saturday that as the covenant of security under which Muslims previously lived in Britain has been broken, Muslims must now consider themselves at war.

"And I declare we should ourselves join the global Islamic camp against the global crusade camp," he said.

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                  This is the attitude that gets innocent brown haired people like me shot at my local tube station. Sorry.

Uh, like I said, "looks" should just be one factor.

And let's be clear, the guy got shot for not cooperating.

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP

I've seen your pic, and anyone would have to be a moron to think you were middle eastern.. but then again.. most cops are morons.

I think the main thing that annoys me about this is the time wasted when you have to sling the political correctness yoke around your neck.. things like a Norwegian exchange student being denied a visa.. wtf? Or the grandma thing. Or strip-searching 8yo kids.. wtf? Sick pedos with an excuse?

I know there are Greeks or Spaniards who might be borderline cases, and you just might look to see if they're acting weird, but I would just like people to realize that someone who looks like this:

is far more likely to blow you up than someone who looks like this:

duh.

Of course, if I were a middle eastern terrorist, I might slip the bomb into her bag to avoid suspicion..
                    Last edited by KvHagedorn; 8 August 2005, 16:23.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                      Of course, if I were a middle eastern terrorist, I might slip the bomb into her bag to avoid suspicion..
                      Which, of course, is why profiling is not likely to prevent this stuff as well as truly random searches.

With random searches they know that there is nothing to plan around except statistics.
                      That makes planners very unhappy.
                      Though, with our half assed commitment, the statistics are in thier favor.
                      But, if they know we don't search blonds (or whatever), then with a little hair dye they can increase the statistics to 100% of not getting stopped.
                      THAT is why profiling is bad tactics, regardless of PC arguments either way.
                      No matter what the mix of random and profiled searches, if they know what our criteria are (and they will always find out) then non random searches give them an advantage.
                      Thus lowering the chances they will be netted by a search.
                      It's just a matter of math.
                      And it's why you will not see the policy changed no matter which party or how far to the right or left an administration is that gets into power.
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Well, as we know, the above scumbag and his cohorts used utility knives to commandeer the planes, and many of the bombers strap the bombs to their persons so as to die gloriously.. I think there is practically nil chance of Liv Ullmann or some other 65yo Scandinavian woman doing this. If she were acting erratically, I would not suspect her of being about to commit a terrorist act.. she's probably just late or drank too much coffee.

Oh, and by the way.. even if you dyed his hair blonde, Atta would still have looked like an evil middle eastern terrorist.

edit: spelling
                        Last edited by KvHagedorn; 8 August 2005, 22:25.

Comment

newspaper,news,investigative reporting,opinion,columnists,Islamic Fascism,current events,information,politics,journalism,journalist,media,Andrew Whitehead,reference,links page,Terrorism,Palestine,Islamic Jihad,Hamas,Terror,CAIR,Council on American-Islamic Relations,apologist,jihad,islamist

Comment

Great site rylan! Added to my weekend reading list.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn

Oh, and by the way.. even if you dyed his hair blonde, Atta would still have looked like an evil middle eastern terrorist.
                              Calling all PhotoShop Gurus!
                              Chuck
                              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                              X