Answer to Umfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer to Umfriend

The thread was deleted...but I've had reply box open since yesterday, so why not...too bad I can't adress other questions you've had...

Oh, and I think the subject of this is such that it doesn't have to be in Temp...

Originally posted by Umfriend
    But you can not conclude that jezus is your savior or will be if you accept him. You can not conclude whether you should split your wealth in half when you divorce or how to divide your estate when you die. You cannot coclude a whole pileshitlist of things that you need to make decisions on every day on that msg alone. That god exists?

I have to say that I find it a bit unfair for an agnostic to use the bible, a book that will mean less to you than to a christian most likely, and compare the flexibility YOU have or appropriate from it with the way a muslim would deal with the quran. The fact that you can neglect the mitzot from the OT just makes it easy for you to say: "My book does not do that", which in fact is false and it ain't your book.

There is only one rule in Islam - Subject yourself to the will of god. Ain;t that hard, is it?
    Perhaps first about agnostic part...as I've said, I'm "somehow agnostic...". I'll probably fail in trying to explain this in EN, but what the heck...
    Basically, "agnostic" pretty much describes me...but don't forget I have some extensive background. After all, this is ultracatholic country . And I don't like the state of things very much, especially since it impacted me personally among other things, and together it made...a lot.
    But...I'm too stupid apparently to trash this all...some faith left...not in God per se, but in people...that they, that I can take what's good out of this book; perhaps at most that it would be...sad if there is nothing more to all of this, especially if some of us get so little here...especially since I realize fully how small and fragile we are... So I hope there is something...but at the same time hope there isn't - because I would either hate it wholehearthedly or wouldn't be myself anymore. Not sure which I hope more. Either way, IMHO we can't tell...of course surely we can tell what's more rational...
    Jesus - philosopher? Who knows...plausible at least.
    Writing this all mostly to say that...you wouldn't get better opinions from statisticall Catholic here, I assure you.

About rules...I still say that everything what's important can be concluded out of the one...
Working...
X