Paint Moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Moves

Thought this look at the use of digital media and animation with abstract painting was interesting:

There is also quicktime movie that goes along with it:
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

That was neat, with the caveat that I don't "get" it.

Although I'm sure it's possible that Damian will now smack me, I must confess that all "modern art"... I don't "get". Never have. Just squiggles on paper.

YET even so, watching those squiggles self-destruct was satisfying in a way that is hard to describe. I would put this on my wall, just to watch it go away. I'm serious!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

me like...
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

darn it... having issues looking at ANY pictures/movies on apple's site this week. Couldn't see the new mouse until someone did a review.

Gurm - honestly I think most 'modern art' is a bunch of BS. Every piece of modern/abstract art that I've seen that I've liked I've looked at the artist's earlier work and noticed that artist was 'classically trained". By that I mean they learned the fundimentals... and THEN broke the rules. Most modern artists study the modern masters and try and replicate them and couldn't draw to save their life, have little concept of color theory or the concept of understanding your materials so the piece doesn't start to eat itself in 20 years (a LOT of art from the last century isn't going to last long).

Oddly visual arts is one of the few professions where the professionals are ok with this. How many musicians can you name that are critically acclaimed and can't read sheet music? Ask a musician what music influenced them and they'll name movements (classical, blues, jazz...). Ask a good or mediocre musician and they'll usually name the great musicians (beatles, led zepplin, NSync *bleh*). The greats studied WHY the music does what it does, learns the rules, and THEN bends them. The good and mediocre ones might have a happy accident or be a one hit wonder. This is true for things other than art and music too.
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Too derivative of many other things I've seen to be called "creative".

Basically flim school stuff.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X