Internet Application Server (IAS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Application Server (IAS)

Ok, here's the idea: Build a dedicated PC, armor-plated with Anti-Virus and Anti-spyware out the wazoo. Use Terminal Services to connect to it, and then through it surf the net. Then there is no possibility of machines behind the IAS becoming infected with anything. If something dreadful did happen, wipe the hard disk of the IAS and ghost it back to normal. Since the only thing it runs is a broswer and a ton of security software, you would be talking about a very small image to maintain...

All you would need to do is create a shortcut for Terminal Services which autologs into the PC and starts the browser of your choice.

Thoughts?
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

or browse the intenet using BSD, a mac or linux

Comment

Yeah, well...those don't work too well with some business-oriented sites...like Banks for instance.
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

not had a problem with any of my 4 banks using FF on the mac or safari
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Try US Banks sometime....many of them are in love with ActiveX... Most consumer B2B stuff is Windows-dependent.

Comment

I'll keep that in mind, now, just need to borrow *hack cough* a ssn before I can play though
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
            X