Virtualdub 1.4d and G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtualdub 1.4d and G400

Has anyone been able to capture 24-bit RGB format, divx low motion compression, with "internal" capture mode of Virtualdub 1.4d with Marvel G400TV? I am using win98SE, 1.52 video tools, 1.51 powerdesk, and directx 8.0. Whenever I try this capture, my capture never starts and eventually virtualdub stops responding and I have to restart. This is not a question of frame drops. I am aware of the processing requirements of real-time divx compression. Thanks in advance.

Why use RGB? It's derived from the cards native YUY2 signal, which you can turn on with the Flying Dutchman's YUY2 patch to the 1.52 drivers. Use AVI_IO with the HuffYUV compressor and you can capture lossless files at ~10 mb/s.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The good doctor! I've read your other posts and have benefited greatly from your knowledge. Do you edit video for a living? Thanks for the response. Ok, enough kissing a**.

I have the flying dutchman hack and the Huffy compression codec, but I have not been able to get Virtualdub to work with that scenario either in "internal" capture mode. The other strange thing is that I have used the testing option in Virtualdub of "internal" capture mode with HUY2 and Huffy and get a frame drop every few seconds at full res. Additional system info: PIII 850, UDMA capture drive (approx 17 MB/sec),ABIT BE6 motherboard, SoundblasterLive Value. I have optimized my system for capture based on the Matrox FAQ. What am I doing wrong? It seems that my system is fast enough to handle the capture without frame drops. I'd like to get virtualdub to work since its free, but I will break down and buy AVI_IO if need be. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
      X