Thoughts on Philips 202P4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Philips 202P4?

I've been offered this 22" display as second-hand, including all manuals and a D-sub to BNC-cable for about EUR 240. The monitor was new six months ago. Would this be a good deal? How does it perform at higher resolutions (1600x1200+)? I have not found any useful reviews of this monitor online, so my hope is that some murcers might have experience with this model or Philips' professional series in general.

Thanks in advance,
    feikRAM
    Darn much feikRAM? - One big FLOP CPU - FewPixels VGA

I have a Philips Brilliance 107... It's about 8 years old now, 17" CRT, but is specced for 1280x1024 @85 Hz. It still is the second monitor (first is an Eizo L568, 17", DVI) on my system, and is performing nicely...

Dunno if this helps though...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I had a look at the monitor yesterday, I and I must say that i liked what i saw It was a bit unsharp at the edges/corners, but I guess that's just the nature of CRTs. In general, the image was sharp, focused, with nice colours and HUGE Not only have I bought a decent monitor, but also a nice litte HDTV for my 12m² student-mansion. The seller also dropped the price to ~ EUR 190 (Dealing in NOK here), as he was eager to get rid of it. A widescreen calculator-display (LCD ) now dominates his desk. A sad story...

Comment

LCD = Large Calculator Display? LOL

To date, I have only had good experiences with Philips monitors (their LCDs I'm not impressed with). Congrats with that beast. WHat do you drive it at now (and with what card)?
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Thanks! It truly is a beast, nearly 30 kg!

I won't be driving it home until Monday though. Don't want to hurt my back carrying it across town Then I'll run it at 1600x1200 (close to it's usable resolution, recommended viewable area is 392mm x 294mm. With a dot-pitch of 0,24mm, you'll get ~1633 pixels horisontally.), probably with a Sapphire 9800 Pro, or a G400 if the ATI can't handle it. Time will show...

Comment

Large Monitors with converance problems and blurred corners. It used to annoy the hell of me. LCD's a lot better than people give them credit for. They are some crap ones out there granted but theres plenty of poor large CRT's.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X