The Mighty Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mighty Mouse

Looks nice, and at least it has two buttons , lets hope it's as good as an Logitech or MS mouse. Price could be lower though.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Hmmm...putting trackball on top of mouse might just be next big thing after wheel...

Comment

I thought 2 buttons were required because of Windows' inferior interface design?

Comment

This is ugly and it looks cheap
        System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Originally posted by PAugustin
          Never thought a plain white, simple design could look ugly

Notice though, it doesn't actually have two "buttons" which Apple would never visibly put on a mouse...

Alas the fate of the one-button mouse in today’s multibutton world. Who has time for intuitive, elegant design when there is so much clicking to do? Thanks to a smooth top shell with touch-sensitive technology beneath, Mighty Mouse allows you to right click without a right button. Capacitive sensors under Mighty Mouse’s seamless top shell detect where your fingers are and predict your clicking intentions, so you don’t need two buttons — just two fingers. Click on the left side to use Mighty Mouse in its simplest, single-button form. Click on the right to access contextual menus within applications and edit, copy, label or download from your mouse. It’s simple sleight of hand.
          Might have to stop off at an Apple Store and check out how it feels.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
            I thought 2 buttons were required because of Windows' inferior interface design?
            Apple kinda had to come out with this mouse, and soon. Why? Because they're going x86, and they've told people their x86 boxes can run Windows. You can't run Windows without at least two buttons. Apple is changing their hardware offerings to be compatible with MS's GUI.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
              Apple kinda had to come out with this mouse, and soon. Why? Because they're going x86, and they've told people their x86 boxes can run Windows. You can't run Windows without at least two buttons. Apple is changing their hardware offerings to be compatible with MS's GUI.
              Somehow I doubt that was the reasoning behind the move, at least beyond a peripheral concern; both Mac and PC users have ditched the basic stock mice in favour of more elaborate models. Given the price of this model (or even the requirement of purchase), it's entirely likely that those who choose to run Windows on their newly acquired Mac x86 will either use a mouse they already own or buy a model from Logitech, Microsoft, or any other number of vendors.

True, this latest addition to their product line gives PC-users less to gripe about (as in the one-button mouse of Mac tradition) if they do choose to plunk down the cash.
              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                Never thought a plain white, simple design could look ugly
                I know it's strange but I really don't like the way it looks in plain white. The "classic" Apple optical mouse (teh transparent one) looks good (but is not comfortable). this one doesn't look good and probably won't be more convinient to use as it has the same shape.

but hey at least they now have a multiple button mouse
                System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Originally posted by PAugustin
                  ?
                  I'll take simplicity over "christmass tree look" any day...

For example: I always wanted to have this thing...but it's now discontinued (not that I'd have money now...) because almost everyone wants christmass trees :/

Comment

First review: http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/mightymouse.ars
                    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

I dunno, Mac mice have always just been too damn small for my hands... and this looks the same. It's just not hand-shaped enough. But clearly enough people care how things look vs. how they feel for the industrial design to continue...
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

One doesn't exclude the other...

Comment

Hmmm...I wonder how touchpad would work out as the top surface of the mouse, at least in place of buttons. Think about it: left and right mouse button functions performed similarly as in this Apple mouse, but you don't have to use some puny little ball to scroll - so you can scroll greater distances/more precizelly/with less movement of finger.
                          I would almost patent it if I had a way to do that
                          Last edited by Nowhere; 3 August 2005, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere
                            ?
                            I'll take simplicity over "christmass tree look" any day...

For example: I always wanted to have this thing...but it's now discontinued (not that I'd have money now...) because almost everyone wants christmass trees :/
                            simple :Antec 3700AMB case, Logitech UltraX flat keyboard, MS Explorer mouse... no added neons or holes or window to view inside the box. Just simple and nice design

But as I told, the Apple Pro mouse looks nice, this one sure doesn't

Comment

Case doors are simple? cheap looking front decoration too...
                              And why do you need something more than keys in keyboard? Or at least - if you need the rest why it stands out? Also...why mouse pretends to be christmass tree?

Coolermaster got some of its cases right...and also Enlight, in small part. Mouses are tougher thing, I can think of only one that isn't "form beyond content" (not ure how to translate this...)

But cheap look is the rule unfortunatelly...

Comment

Working...
                              X