It's Walky!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Walky!

Ok, so anyone who was a fan of It's Walky! probably knows that it was cancelled earlier this year.

Some of you might know that DW has been posting ongoing IW! weekly color strips when his donation counter gets high enough.

Well, starting TODAY he has posted the first strip of "Joyce & Walky". He's running it for a week, and then reducing it to freebies on the weekend UNLESS you donate $2 (per month), in which case he'll send you 2-3 strips a week in your e-mail.

Ok, sounds a bit corny but I for one am a total IW! addict, so I'll probably pony up the $2. Hey, you even get free monthly wallpaper!

-------------------

Edit: Here I was, trying to let people know about new stuff, and instead it turns into a big ol' mess.
    Last edited by Gurm; 2 August 2005, 05:37.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Originally posted by Gurm
    Ok, so anyone who was a fan of It's Walky! probably knows that it was cancelled earlier this year.

Some of you might know that DW has been posting ongoing IW! weekly color strips when his donation counter gets high enough.

Well, starting TODAY he has posted the first strip of "Joyce & Walky". He's running it for a week, and then reducing it to freebies on the weekend UNLESS you donate $2 (per month), in which case he'll send you 2-3 strips a week in your e-mail.

Ok, sounds a bit corny but I for one am a total IW! addict, so I'll probably pony up the $2. Hey, you even get free monthly wallpaper!
    Wow.

Not only have I not heard of Walky, I also have no idea who (or what) DW and IW are!

or Joyce, for that matter.

Amazing how nonsensical things look when you don't know the vocabulary being used

- Steve

(OK - so I figured out that IW means It's Walky, but still - DW and Joyce are unknowns)

Comment

Originally posted by spadnos
      Wow.

Not only have I not heard of Walky, I also have no idea who (or what) DW and IW are!

or Joyce, for that matter.

Amazing how nonsensical things look when you don't know the vocabulary being used

- Steve

(OK - so I figured out that IW means It's Walky, but still - DW and Joyce are unknowns)
      Erm, SORRY. *ahem*

IW! = It's Walky!

DW = The author of it's walky, David Willis.

Joyce = Major character in said comic.

-----------------------------------

Mind you, this is no MORE confusing than if I write:

So fans of Star Wars will rejoice! "SW Ep7: A New Idea" is on its way soon, Lucas has finally recanted. It'll follow the adventures of Han and Leia's kids!
      Which contains a couple abbreviations (SW, EP7) as well as names you don't know unless you know Star Wars (Lucas, Han, Leia).

My point? You're nitpicking.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I too, have not heard of "It's Walky."

At least I knew who Joe Stalin was when Jay Leno went to the streets to prove that almost no one knew who he was, but everyone knew Joe Camel.

btw, You might link us to some vids or something..

Comment

I'm coming to really respect this site.. Wikpedia is a pretty cool thing..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_Walky!

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
            I too, have not heard of "It's Walky."

At least I knew who Joe Stalin was when Jay Leno went to the streets to prove that almost no one knew who he was, but everyone knew Joe Camel.

btw, You might link us to some vids or something..
            Yeah, but the Leno editors just choose the very dumbest of the respondees. I cannot believe that all Americans are as dumb as is shown in Jaywalking, maybe only half of them
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
              Yeah, but the Leno editors just choose the very dumbest of the respondees. I cannot believe that all Americans are as dumb as is shown in Jaywalking, maybe only half of them
              Oh, I dunno.

My personal favorite of all time is the episode where they were in Vegas. They asked people in Caesar's Palace where the REAL Caesar's Palace was. Oh my dear Lord...

They they asked people in the Sands where the Pyramids were. FINALLY they find a guy who said "Egypt". Jay figures he's doing well. He says "wow, you knew that - how?" and they guy says "I was in the Air Force, I flew hundreds of missions right over the pyramids. They were quite a sight!"

So then Jay says "ok, for the bonus prize, what part of the world is Egypt in?"

And they guy, with a straight face, says "Southeast Asia". ?????????

Which of course prompts Jay to later make the joke that "Denial ain't just a river in southeast Asia!"

Comment

Erm, SORRY. *ahem*

IW! = It's Walky!

DW = The author of it's walky, David Willis.

Joyce = Major character in said comic.

-----------------------------------

Mind you, this is no MORE confusing than if I write:

Which contains a couple abbreviations (SW, EP7) as well as names you don't know unless you know Star Wars (Lucas, Han, Leia).

My point? You're nitpicking.
                True enough

It was just funny to see sentences in english that were totally unintelligible. No big words, fine sentence structure, and no meaning to me.

It's the same with any vocabulary - just struck me as funny.

- Steve

Comment

Oh, I dunno.

My personal favorite of all time is the episode where they were in Vegas. They asked people in Caesar's Palace where the REAL Caesar's Palace was. Oh my dear Lord...

They they asked people in the Sands where the Pyramids were. FINALLY they find a guy who said "Egypt". Jay figures he's doing well. He says "wow, you knew that - how?" and they guy says "I was in the Air Force, I flew hundreds of missions right over the pyramids. They were quite a sight!"

So then Jay says "ok, for the bonus prize, what part of the world is Egypt in?"

And they guy, with a straight face, says "Southeast Asia". ?????????

Which of course prompts Jay to later make the joke that "Denial ain't just a river in southeast Asia!"
                  You know about any transcripts/recording online? (yeah, too laz...uhmm...busy to search myself )

Comment

Is 'It's Walky' a tv show?
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                      Is 'It's Walky' a tv show?
                      *sigh*

Shortpacked! is a webcomic about people who work in a toy store and tell jokes about Batman.

Comment

Oh cool, an online cartoon.

Sorry, didn't take the time to google it.
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                        X