Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problema de Captura INTERLACED

Hello friends of the forum.

I have a great problem, my Matrox Marvel G400-Tv does not capture good. A day I changed my Matrox by a c/Video Asus FX9200 In, but I do not like the quality of capture asi that I returned to install my Matrox, and then my problem began. When I capture 704x480 appears to me Interlaced and the quality is not very good, at the moment use new Windows XP and the Drivers and Video Toos for this O.S. .
    At first I thought that it was the opertivo system, asi which I returned to the Win98Se but it happens to me the same, I even proved it in another identical Motherboard to mi (Asus P4T-E). I have proven AVI_IO, MSP, Premiere Captures and is the same. I proved Update the BIOS but equal it follows the problem. To part of the interlineado one they appear ghost vertical rays and strange enmallado. I have even thought that something of changed the form in which it captures the Chip. I will be able an image as soon as it can. Settings "of matrox can be changed" field I hope that they can help me, I am desperate.

Thanks.

PC: Motherboard Asus P4T-E
    Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz
    512 Mem Rimm PC800
    Windows XP Sp2.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sergioroman; 2 August 2005, 14:08. Reason: LOOK This Serious Problem!!!!!!

Tiene usted en http://station.computercor.net mirado? Es el foro para G400-TV...alguien allÃ* puede ayudarle quizá?
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Tanks, but I don´t have nothing fo my problem. I need Help.

Comment

As this is a capture problem, I'm gonna toss this thread to the pros in the DTV forum, and hope they can help you out...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Try to capture from various sources. Also make sure that all your cables are making good contact.

Debbie
          We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

I am going to try it. A question but, can be changed the order of the fields in the hardware? Then before when my captures in Adobe Premiere, the program identified the capture to me as "no Fields" and now it identifies the capture to me like "A/DV Ntsc (9) or something thus.

Comment

you can't. But does the field order matter? In nearly all NLE/authoring apps you can select the field order of the input video if it's not detected properly in the first place.

Comment

Which codec are you using ?
                Can you try a different source, like a camcorder ?

Debbie
                Last edited by Debbie; 3 August 2005, 09:23.

Comment

The field order of captured video is locked in by the design of the capture device and the video system being used. For the G400TV NTSC uses "Lower field" (aka: field A) and PAL uses "Upper field" (aka: Field B).

You should also note that interlacing is the normal state of affairs when capturing full frame video (480 height in NTSC, 576 height in PAL). That said one side effect of interlaced video is artifacting when displayed on a non-interlaced display unless the software makes an adjustment by deinterlacing their onscreen output. Media and DVD players typically do this.

Artifacts in the capture can be related to many factors. Sometimes it's a matter of a flourescent or halogen lamp being too close to the computer or the cables running to the source. These often have rather large transformers that produce large magnetic fields & those can introduce all manner of artifacts.

Sometimes it's just a matter of a bad cable or a source whose signal strength isn't high enough for doing captures but is high enough for a TV.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 August 2005, 11:40.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks boys, I will try to review the connections, it can be a physical problem.I use codec mjpge of Matrox, I used the PIC video but the results were worse. I am going to prove some of your solutions.

Thank you very much by your support.

And any possible solution will be very well received.

Comment

oh and welcome to MURC
                      we have a new rule around here, try in English, and if you are not sure, also use your native language in the post.
                      (Do try English first though)

The guys in here are quite knowledgable with all things DV related.
                      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Sasq,

Grazzi talli arraftni (thanks for letting me know) lol

Debbie

Comment

well if you read the lounge it's in a sticky there.

half of murcers are non-native English speakers, even though I am a native English speaker, these days... I understand more Japanese then English. personally I find it easiser to get a sentence out in my native at times, then produce the secondary language - so I figured it would help here. I still want everyone to try their best with English, but I have the forums running in UTF-8, so I see no reason why people can not use their native tounge as well.
                          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Sasq,

I was only pulling your leg. I quite aqree with you but it's fun to try "decodeing" sometimes, not Jpanese please !

BTW, congrats for the new format. I'm begining to like it better than the old.

Debbie
                            Last edited by Debbie; 4 August 2005, 09:20.

Comment

Working...
                            X