Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help?

Damn...MPEG4 versions of Carnival of Souls have no sound, and even MPEG1 is too big for my current situation (almost going now...but I'd like to see the movie; was planning for a long time but couldn't find it and I don't know when I'll be able again).
    So question: does anybody with a fat pipe (so he could download it fast...) is willing to transcode MPEG1 version into something small? (even as small as MPEG4 64Kb from the site would suffice...but with sound; 256Kb version is almost/rather too big for me). And of course some place to put online (I won't saturate it - 128kbps downstream here).
    Don't bother, I think, if you'll see this post after ~hour of posting it...
    Last edited by Nowhere; 1 August 2005, 05:54.

No conversion s/w here I'm afraid.

Just tell me you aren't going to do anything silly.
    FT.

Comment

Oh c'mon, give me a brake. I knew I have occasionally hard times translating some thoughts...but to this point?

Comment

Murcers have disappeared before you know
        FT.

Comment

OK, reevaluating situation brings me to conclusion that this is sensible up to about 2,5 h, perhaps 3m after my first post...

Comment

Czsesc

I can pull it down, but from where, is it on some ftp or do I have to use some p2p?

I can then encode it in DIVX/XVID with MP3 or AC3, it's not a problem as teh prossears are fast - 50fps or so. I have 256 up, I can set up an ftp.

Comment

Links are on the left of the site to which I linked to. Don't touch MPEG4, they are without sound. Probably getting MPEG1 and cutting its size at least (preferably more - I don't care now that much about quality of it...and I don't have time & bandwith) in half would be fastest/easiest/best.

But you know, it only has sense if you can do it in...I don't know, 2h max... :/ (OTOH - perhaps little longer: 7h here until the end of download, and I think I'll wait with disseapearing until I watch it - there are night trains also after all...)

Thanks.

Comment

It's coming down at 25kB/s, the site can't do faster apparently, so it will be here by about 21:00

Comment

No problem with sound here.
                  BTW mpeg 4 is for QuickTime. However I'm using Windows Media Player 10 with:
                  Nero Digital Audio Decoder
                  Nero Video Decoder

Debbie
                  We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Yeah the 64k MPEG4 works for me together with sound in Quicktime.

Comment

You don't really need Quicktime (I don't have it installed) but with Nero v.66015 installed it provides the required fiters for WMP.

Otherwise Quicktime Alterntive will give good results.

Debbie

Comment

After some messing with QT...yeah, it can be made to work eventually...only when downloaded, for some reason

So the fastest way will be to continue downloading MP4 file...oh well, too bad, I wasted so much time already...
                        Last edited by Nowhere; 1 August 2005, 10:41.

Comment

Abril Despedaçado (Behind The Sun) - I watched this yesterday - Brazilian, highly recommended.

So you don't need the reencoded MPEG1 then?

Comment

Yeah, in an hour I'll have MPEG version from the site.

Thanks for d/l it though...besides you might "like" it...

Comment

That site is great for vintage movies. I'm a regular visitor and have posted the site address some months ago.

Debbie

Comment

Working...
                              X