Marvel G200 TV-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G200 TV-Out

After more than 2 years of owning a Marvel G200-TV, I finally have a need for the TV-Out capability. I fired up quick connect, and saw a pattern of color bars via the VCR I'd attached to the Marvel BOB, but quick-connect said it couldn't detect attached video hardware, and so immediately turned TV-out off again. I have two questions:

i) What is the Marvel looking for when it's trying to detect an attached TV or VCR? I've tried a VCR via the S-video connector, and an old Applecolor monitor via the composite connector, and could see the color bar test pattern on both.

ii) If I can't convince quick-connect that my VCR is attached, what can I set to turn on TV-out without going through quick-connect?

John

A long, long time ago when I ran Quick Connect I think I had a similiar problem. It's been a while, but the way I remember it worked without any problems. I'd just try it out and see what happens
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Forgive me if I mis-read your posts, but I am still using my G200TV-out after 2+ years...

The TV-out function is not in the PC-VCR, it's in the Advanced Display Properties in Power Desk. You can also get to it, by going to the Control Panels isplay Properties: Settings, where you set color depth and resolution (which you can also see by right clicking on the desktop and selecting Properties). There should be an Advanced button, which you can click to bring up more options. One of the tabs is TV-Output, which also has more detailed settings.

You may also have to change your monitor settings to get the computer screen output to fill the whole TV screen.

I don't think you really need to use quick connect. I think it just shows you how to plug in your tv or vcr.
      Please visit http://spincycle.n3.net - My System: Celeron 300a(@450/2v),Abit BH6, 128mb RAM, Win98SE, Marvel G200TV, Diamond MX300, Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 20g system drive, DiamondMax Plus 40 capture drive, IBM 8g Deskstar program drive, Adaptec 2940UW SCSI, 9gb Barracuda UWSCSI video drive, Hitachi GD-2500 DVD-Rom, UltraPlex CD-Rom, Plexwriter CD-recorder, Viewsonic PT775, Soundworks 4.1 speakers

Comment

cjyo~

I was gonna post the exact same thing but I mis-typed my password and lost my post and then I had to get back to work... :P

I've never had any luck with quick-connect. Never seemed to work on my system for some reason.

Kevin

Comment

In fact the later versions of Quick Connect don't even test the output functions (well, it's all done via dual-head on the G400 upwards).

Comment

sorry, that I didn't make myself clear, but as I remembered Quick Connect wasn't a must, and that it can work without running it. Basically what the others said.
            Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
            Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Not sure I understand. I'm assuming that once I finally get quick-connect to accept that I have something connected to the TV-out, then it'll set something in the registry that will make an extra tab show up in PC-VCR, so I can adjust the TV-out picture. If that's not right, how do you control TV-out?

If that is what's supposed to happen, I either need to get through quick-connect, or find out what to set in the registry to make PC-VCR show me the TV-out controls.

Comment

Thanks all!

TV-out is working fine now, once I realized I had to look in Display Properties rather than PC-VCR.

John

Comment

Working...
                X