Getting a Passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a Passport

Well I dont have a passport and I was thnking about traveling next year. What do I need to do and how much does it cost?
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

go to the post office and fill out the forms...you'lll need a set of approved pics and the cost isnt bad and they are good for 10 years
    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Well, I hope the USA one is cheaper than the UK one. I have seen the price increase progressively from £5 to CY£60 (£70) for my last one three years ago. To add insult to injury, I'm told that they are now issuing only the biometric ones with the smart chip and I've heard that they are now £250 ($300) and take several weeks to obtain as they can be made only in London. I can buy a whole computer for less than that!
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

That's not my experience Brian. http://www.passport.gov.uk/ says they are £42 (which I paid about 6 months ago), and they are issuing machine readable (2 lines of printed text) ones - required for travel to the USA.
        FT.

Comment

I guess they are not up-to-date yet on their site. My wife paid CY£45 (~£50) just over a year ago with the machine readable text: I admit mine was more (without the text) because I had to have the fat passport (my old one was 110% full after 5 years!), thanks to all the full-page visas imposed by many countries (the USA alone gave me three for different purposes). The UK High Commission here announced the new tariffs in the papers here ~2 weeks ago.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

oh and don't leave it until the day before you travel like another mod er person i could mention
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

It's about $60.
              You can also go to the County Clerk's office, at least here in OK.
              Info
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
              X