More proof that the Music Industry sucks donkey nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More proof that the Music Industry sucks donkey nuts

Sony paying off radio stations to play J-Lo and other artists.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Originally posted by GT98
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163634,00.html

Sony paying off radio stations to play J-Lo and other artists.
    Like anyone really thinks that the recording labels don't do this. Even radio stations in a mini-metro like Kansas City can rake in $36-$50 million a year. Immagine what a radio station in a real city takes in? And the listening audience? I bet every label does it, Sony just got caught.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I guarantee that every label does it. It's shameful, but it happens. Anyone who thinks that the GARBAGE that makes the American Top 40 or the VH-1 Top 20 is really what America likes to listen to... is naive to the extreme.

Sadly, the sheeple who watch VH-1 actually start, after a while, to BELIEVE that the crap on there is good music... and to buy the albums... which is what the record companies WANT. ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

I miss Viva zwei...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          I guarantee that every label does it. It's shameful, but it happens. Anyone who thinks that the GARBAGE that makes the American Top 40 or the VH-1 Top 20 is really what America likes to listen to... is naive to the extreme.

Sadly, the sheeple who watch VH-1 actually start, after a while, to BELIEVE that the crap on there is good music... and to buy the albums... which is what the record companies WANT. ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!
          No kidding!

They force it down our throats, just like Wheezers new song Beverly Hills. I listen to the Buzz (a New York or Vermont station) and they play that bloody crap 8 or 9 times a day!!! And it was never a decent song to begin with!!!
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
          X