• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eos 350D Images

OK

Here are some images taken with my 2 week old Canon Eos350D

Still practicing, but I find the results quite impressive already

The first two are the midnight view from my Balcony in Berlin, the second one is just a quick shot at a train station in Freiburg

pretty
    3456x2304 = 1068kb, so hardly for dialup users
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Okay, here is a smaller one. It was one of the first pictures I took, using automatik macrosettings (the fellow is about one inch high)

edit: What am I doing wrong, can't see the thumbs?

Comment

Perhaps because the photos are too big?
        (just a guess though)

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Did you enter the tag correctly,

clicking on the images shows them.

Edit: Sasq's code doesn't create the thumbnail you still need to link to it.

PHP Code:
          [thumb=urlfullimage]urlthumbimage[/thumb
          Last edited by dbdg; 26 July 2005, 06:25.

Comment

Topha, how do you like the Rebel XT? I'm thinkinf of getting one.

Thanks,
            Dave
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I really like it.

Its my first camera, not counting a cheap (but dear to me) compact camera I had as a little kid, so Im still not really using it to its full potential.

But even so, some of the pictures are great, especially when playing around with the manual functions

Comment

I ended up buying the camera today. Yesterday I went into a camera shop and played around with the Rebel xt and the D70. I simply liked the feel of the canon better. The Nikon seemed to focus faster but it was barely noticeable. I really wanted to buy a high end consumer camera rather than a low end pro camera, but none of them had the features I wanted. The three features that I wanted in a new camera were:

1. Continuous shooting mode. The rebel xt does 3fps and buffers up to 14 shots.
                2. Fast focus.
                3. Fast boot up time. You can take a picture in 0.2 seconds with the rebel xt.

Since none of the consumer camera's could live up to this list, I said **** it and bought the xt. I get it Thursday

BTW, the last thing that sold me was the image quality compared to the D70 or D50. There is simply no comparison, the Canon blows away both Nikons. Though, Nikon has a much better kit lens. They are all great cameras, it just comes down to personal preference.
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Yep. Especially the countinuous shooting can yield some pretty funny results when the people you're shooting slowly realize that their picture is being taken again and again.

But its even more fun to discover all those manual settings and tweaks and start getting good and better results with no programm automatic

Comment

Welcome to the Canon club I've had a Rebel XT for the past two months. It's an amazing little camera. When I have some time I'll post some images I've taken with it.

The focusing speed is partly determined by the lens, since the focus motor is in the lens. I don't have the kit lens but I've played around with it a bit at the store. A lot of people put it down as a crappy lens, but for less than $100 it's actually quite decent. And it's ridiculously light. The Rebel XT and the kit lens together barely weigh any more than most high-end digicams.

Topha, it's good that you're learning the manual modes. You'll need them to get the most out of this camera.

Comment

Feel free and post some pictures. I'll do the same as soon as I get my camera.

BTW, what CF card are you guys using? I'm trying to get a hold of the Sandisk Extreme III, but I can't find it anywhere in stock. Will the Sandisk Ultra II keep up with this camera?

Comment

Yes. I use a 1GB Sandisk Ultra II. The Extreme series are more for the pro cameras (1D series etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Snake
                          Yes. I use a 1GB Sandisk Ultra II. The Extreme series are more for the pro cameras (1D series etc).
                          How many pictures can you buffer in continuous shooting mode with that card? Have you tested it out yet?

Comment

I haven't used continuous mode too much. I tried some sports shots of my friends a while back and I didn't hit any buffer limitations using JPEG. More fps would've been useful though.

Let me test this out now...6 shots in RAW mode, 41 shots in Large/Fine JPEG. I usually shoot in RAW mode but I switch to JPEG if I need the speed or don't need the quality.

Comment

I bought an Ultra II card tonight. The guy at the store claimed that no camera can take advantage of the Extreme III yet. Either way, I'm sure I'll be happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X