No announcement yet.

Need to buy a 17" LCD monitor today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to buy a 17" LCD monitor today...

I need to get a LCD monitor for my dad today. It seems that my brother has managed to kill his old one.

I don't know much about them, so I'll receommend whatever you guys suggest.

He'll be looking for a 17" (currently has 15") with DVI. I also think he'll want to spend < £200.

Any suggestions?

I'll probably bu from http://www.komplett.co.uk/
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

If you need it urgently, Savastore have the best delivery I've ever come across!
    FT.

Comment

PS You can get a 19" Neovo for ~£185 that has DVI and ~16ms. I've bought about 20 and they seem fine for office work. Haven't tried moving fast images but should be good.
      FT.

Comment

http://www.savastore.com/productinfo...275476&pid=206
        FT.

Comment

Got an AG Neovo 19" with DVI here too. It's pretty good but not quite the same standard as my Dell 20". It seems to be the cheapest known-brand DVI monitor about.
          Mine was from EBuyer, but they're out of stock.
          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I sell a lot of LG 17" LCD screens. I like them. Not sure how price competitive they are or how easy they are to get in the UK.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
              I sell a lot of LG 17" LCD screens. I like them. Not sure how price competitive they are or how easy they are to get in the UK.
              Schmosef, I just got a couple of LG L1713P's, can't say I'm impressed with the clarity or variations in brightness! Haven't tried on DVI yet though. Both appear identical on analogue.
              FT.

Comment

I have a (relatively old) L1810B, which is great for office work apart from having had it replaced twice due to a gradually failing backlight!
                FT.

Comment

I don't remember which model we're selling and I'm not at the office so I can't look it up right now.

We always use dvi by the way. I'm fully aware than not all LCD screens handle analog very well.
                  P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Cheers guys! He bought one from savastore, but had to pay an extra £15 for Highlands delivery!

Thanks
                    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                    X