Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

connect an audigy 2zs plat. pro to a/v receiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connect an audigy 2zs plat. pro to a/v receiver?

Ok, I've got and audigy 2zs platinum pro which I'm trying to connect to my a/v receiver (it's a JVC rx-7042s).

What I did was buy an optical cable and connected it from the sound card's breakout box to an open optical connection on the receiver. Turned everything on and heard beautiful sounds. Ummm, not quite. No sound at all coming through the receiver.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Your source(on your receiver) may need to be set to accept "digital" connections. For instance, my receiver I have to tell it when I switch between analog, coax, and optical.

And possibly you need to tellyour sound card to use the optical out as well.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
      Your source(on your receiver) may need to be set to accept "digital" connections. For instance, my receiver I have to tell it when I switch between analog, coax, and optical.

And possibly you need to tellyour sound card to use the optical out as well.
      Can't find anything in the card's software that would seem to control output other than the 'use digital only' setting (I've got it set to use both digital and analog).

As for the receiver I tried pretty much evey setting that I could see re analog and digital with no effect. Sound comes out of the computer speakers and headphone connection on the breakout box fine. Just don't seem to be able to get the sound out of the receiver.

Comment

...does it pass creative diagnostics?

...and windows mixer is set to digital out?

...is creatives mixer set to use the digital ports??

...i have the same setup, but i've never tried to use those ports

cc

Comment

I had a customer who had that problem and after a lot of complaining to me he finally followed Creative's advice and tried another cable. Lo and behold, it worked!
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky Cheese
            ...does it pass creative diagnostics?

...and windows mixer is set to digital out?

...is creatives mixer set to use the digital ports??

...i have the same setup, but i've never tried to use those ports

cc

Never been able to get the diagnostics program to work. It starts but there aren't actually any buttons to run the diagnostics. But other than no sound through the receiver everything works fine.

the card/box normaly works with both analog and digital at the same time (depending on your connections).

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
              I had a customer who had that problem and after a lot of complaining to me he finally followed Creative's advice and tried another cable. Lo and behold, it worked!
              Nah, the cable is fine. I tried a coax conection as well with the same result.

Comment

Working...
              X