Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had a customer meeting that was almost exactly like this last week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a customer meeting that was almost exactly like this last week.

I was talking through several different implementation options of a new software feature that one of my customers was requesting. They hadn't thought through all the ramifications so I was explaining the pros and cons to two customer reps at a meeting held at my office. As I was talking, the Operations manager got up from the table and went to sit down on the leather couch that I use for taking naps.

The department manager who had come with him asked him what he was doing. He had a very tired look on his face and said, "This involves your department, you decide" and proceeded to close his eyes. About 5 minutes later I could tell that the department manager I was now meeting with exclusively did not understand anything I was saying. Eventually she got up from the table and joined her boss on the couch.

It was surreal. A couple of minutes later the Operations manager stood up, realized that he was running late for another appointment and started to pack up to leave. The department manager was fully asleep at this point. She didn’t want to move. I almost had to call her fiancé to come get her. Eventually she did get up and the two left.

We still haven’t resolved how we’re going to implement that feature.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

In all my working life, I never bored a customer to that extent
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Must have been to much techno babble and tla's.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

No. Zero technobabble. Just people too dumb to function.

Comment

I emailed the strip to those two customer reps I mentioned. They both thought it was funny. One said that the only thing missing was my couch.

Comment

Working...
          X