Breaking: terrorists attack Egypian tourist area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking: terrorists attack Egypian tourist area

Early reports are that 4 large car bombs were used to attack the tourist section of the Red Sea city of Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt. No specifics yet, but let's hope most people were not at home when they blew.

Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) the other muslims are going to realize that these people do more harm to their own people and turn on them. Ok, Ok....call me an optimist

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

That is horrible. Why Egypt?

Comment

The islamo-fascists want to take over and figure that if they destabilize the tourist economy it'll also weaken the government (Mubarak).

Most people don't know it but AQ has roots in Egypt going way back. Many of the top AQ leaders were deeply involved in the assasination of Anwar Sadat.

OOPS...more info: estimates are a minimum of 25 dead and >100 injured.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 July 2005, 21:18.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

This is a major blow for tourism in Egypt. I've been to Egypt this January and tourism was just recovering then from other minor strikes.
        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

AL-Q certainly seem to be suddenly getting more active. The world is getting a much more evil place.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

That's ok.. we can fight them with our "hearts going out to the victims."

Comment

A co-worker of mine was/is planning on going to Egypt after his trip in Germany. Don't know if he is there now or not.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

A friend of mine, who lives near Jerusalem, was in that part of Egypt for a little vacation, just a few weeks ago.
                P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

83 dead, 200+ injured. Sickening.
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Damn, my GF and I were planning to go to that exact spot this fall. Scary stuff!
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                    X