Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's good in Vancouver?

Like the title says.
    We will be there for three days in a hotel downtown.
    Sounds like we could spend the entire time in Stanley Park and China Town.

But, what else is good?

TIA,
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Seriously, Vancouver and BC in general are beautiful.

When I was in high school a lot of us kids wanted to go there after graduation for a vacation but the travel costs used to be the same as going to Europe so a lot of people went East instead of West.

I'm hoping to get out there for a vacation in the next couple of years. I hope to have a vacation in the next couple of years.

If you like nature, there's a lot of great hiking trails outside the city. Vancouver Island is supposed to be very nice.

The Asian influence is very strong. We call the city "Hongcouver". Basically, there's great Chinese food.

People I meet from Vancouver tell me that the attitude of the entire city is generally very laid back compared to Toronto. Just being there the energy is very different.
      Last edited by schmosef; 22 July 2005, 11:18. Reason: spelling

Comment

LOL, something tells me we won't be taking our 4 year old there
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

If you're a foodie you should check out one of Rob Feenie's restaurants. He's an internationally renowned chef. He's got his own TV show on the Canadian food network and he's even won on Iron Chef America.

His main restaurant is called Lumiere: http://www.lumiere.ca/pages/index.htm
          He’s also got a more casual restaurant beside it called Feenie’s: http://www.feenies.com/pages/index.htm

If you go, make sure to tell us about it!

Comment

you can check out the grandville island brewery .. they have tours, which included samplers of all their beer
            hike up grouse mountain, or take the gondola.. hmm.. generally just wander around downtown
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Don't forget to wander down Robson street and witness the intersection that has a Starbucks across the street from ... wait for it ... another Starbucks!

Otherwise, it's a great town.
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

What's good about Vancouver?

Almost everything. I love that town and BC in general

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The rain is beautiful.
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                    The rain is beautiful.
                    As I write this it is 104f (40c) outside our house and dry as a bone.
                    So sounds good to me

PS A Starbucks across from a Starbucks sounds like heaven to me!
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Lewis Black did a funny skit on the dueling Starbucks.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley
                        As I write this it is 104f (40c) outside our house and dry as a bone.
                        So sounds good to me
                        About the same here!
                        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                          Don't forget to wander down Robson street and witness the intersection that has a Starbucks across the street from ... wait for it ... another Starbucks!

Otherwise, it's a great town.
                          Just for you we had a Latte at one and then walked accross the street and had a Green Tea Frap at the other

Chuck
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Heh... nice.
                            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                            X