Birds mimicing mobile phone ringtones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds mimicing mobile phone ringtones

I've heard birds imitating car alarms and simple phone ringtones before but I've yet to hear the Nokia tune being whistled.
    However according to a story linked by the Inquirer, birds in Germany have begun imitating the ringtones of urban German's mobile phones, including the dreaded Crazy Frog. (wether they grow mullets and moustaches to match remains to be seen...)

If this catches on, Hitchcock's The Birds is going to seem tame by comparison!
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

I can just hear it now: house wrens whistling "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

A friend told me a funny story about a pet bird.

The family went away on vacation, and left their pet (parrot, I think) behind. Someone went to care for it, but it was mostly alone in the house. This was an old bird, and it didn't groom itself very well. When they got home after a couple of weeks, they noticed that the bird would let out a loud "EEP" every once in a while. Apparently, their fire alarm had a low battery while they were gone, and the bird learned the annoying "replace battery" beep from it.

Imagine this old, ungroomed bird sitting on a perch just beeping once in a while.

- Steve

Comment

Sounds like some people I know

Better yet are those people I know who own Minah birds. Damned thigns don't seem to learn "normal" words, but they learn every single curse word they hear

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

That sure tells something about vocabulary of owners

On news: I can see historians in 200 years, thinking that mimicking voices of birds in wild was popular among phone users

Comment

The birds around my apartment learned the sound of my alarm clock, one morning I almost got crazy trying to turn off the clock before realising that the damn birds was making the sound and not my clock
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
              The birds around my apartment learned the sound of my alarm clock, one morning I almost got crazy trying to turn off the clock before realising that the damn birds was making the sound and not my clock
              LMAO. I can just imagine slamming on the alarm until it's beaten to bits and staring at it with half open eyes wondering how it could still be beeping.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Better than the opposite...(I've learned once to turn off my alarm clock practically while still in sleep; on numerous ocasions I woke up too late, my clock was silent...but I didn't remember turning noise off )

Comment

Working...
                X